Return The Favour (Part 4)

A/N: And now for a break from all the intenseness and drama...

Turns out next time is actually the next morning.

You hear a knock on your door at around 8am. Wondering as to who it could be you hesitantly open the door to see a grinning Bucky holding out a bunch of flowers and two cups of coffee along with a brown paper bag to you while he shuffles around on his feet to keep warm and tucks his mouth and nose behind his scarf.

"Bucky!? Oh my goodness! This is unexpected!" You gasp.

"Please tell me you don't have to work today?" He asks, his teeth chattering from the cold as he peaks his chin out from under his scarf.

"No, I've got nothing on all day." You shake your head.

Although it's lucky I got up and ready his morning or else this would be embarrassing, you think to yourself.

"Oh thank goodness. Sorry, I came kind of early anyway, just in case," he explains... kind of.

"That's okay, but um, I don't mean to sound rude, but what are you actually doing here?" You frown.

"Oh right sorry." He flushes even redder than he already is from the biting frost. "I bought you coffee, to pay you back for yesterday. And muffins."

"Aw Bucky you didn't have to do that!" You can't help but laugh. "And what's this?"

You take the brown bag and look inside to see muffins.

"Muffins?" You exclaim. "And flowers! Now I owe you one! In fact you never owed me one because. You. Saved. My. Life." You annunciate all the words heavily so that it will hopefully get drilled into his head.

"No (Y/N) you see, lets just forget about all that and why don't you let me use this as an excuse to get to know you?" He smirks but their is hope in his eyes.

You can't help but blush and look down.

"Oh right I see." You smile. "Why don't you come inside then? It's freezing out here."

                                      ~~~~

Bucky's POV:

Talk about a perfect morning. (Y/N) and I spent hours just chatting and getting to know each other. We talked about anything from our favourite foods to places we wanted to go and even just our thoughts on the weather. Not all the conversation might have been ground breaking or hilarious but somehow it was all interesting and easy flowing. I haven't talked with someone like that in a while, not even Steve.

It's put me in such a good mood. As I walk home I catch myself smiling so many times, but when I try to stop I just can't contain it. I'm smiling so much that my cheeks hurt. Until I walk inside Steve and I's apartment, but even then I just find it entertaining.

"Where have you been all day?!" Steve exclaims grouchily the minute I open the door.

"You mean all morning?" I point at my watch that only says 12:25pm.

"Whatever. Where were you?" He presses.

"Jesus Steve, you sound like my mother. What's got your panties in a twist?" I tease.

"We were supposed to go fishing down at the river this morning!" He exclaims in annoyance. But when I woke up at seven you were already gone!"

Oh yeah that's right, I cringe to myself that I forgot. I was too busy planning and thinking about what I'd do and say to (Y/N).

"Yeah about that," I start, trying to think of an excuse on the spot. "It was absolutely freezing this morning and I really don't want you to catch a cold so I thought it best that we didn't go."

He raises an eyebrow. "Then where did you go?"

"I went to buy us breakfast instead and you'll never guess who I saw!"

"Who?"

"(Y/N)!"

"Really? After you just saw her yesterday?"

"Yes, so of course I had to shout her breakfast since she did for me yesterday. It was only quick and I did pick you up something on the way home but some crook ripped it right out of my hands! I was late because I ran after him to try and get it back." I lie... well, I like to call it bending the truth.

"So yesterday you got pick pocketed and today you got robbed? Gee Buck, that's some bad luck," Steve says and I can tell he's not buying it.

"Yeah well, what am I gonna do?" I sigh and start taking off my coat, hoping to move the situation along.

"You know if you want to hang out with that girl (Y/N) it's fine. But just tell me and don't leave me hanging, wondering what the heck is going on next time okay?" He says.

"What?" I frown.

"Buck don't play dumb. I saw the way you got all flustered around her. I see the way you smile so happily when you talk about her, you've got that same starry look in your eyes right now just thinking about her. You never get like that with anyone. I know you like her," he says pointedly.

I roll my eyes, I can't lie to Steve.

"Okay." I huff, dragging it out. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He shrugs. "But from now on can you guys please stop it with the whole returning the favour act thing please? It's cheesy and annoying. Just talk for Christ's sake."

"Aw that's too bad. She was going to pay me back by bringing us lunch tomorrow." I grin thinking back to what she said just before.

"O-oh," Steve stutters suddenly. "Well maybe just this one last time."