Finally (Part 37)

The next month is absolute agony, in more than one way. Time passes by like a snail. Not that you expected it to be over quickly, but it's nerve wracking to not have heard anything from Steve in so long. As if on cue your morning sickness kicks in and maybe it's because you weren't aware of the fact that you are pregnant before but you suddenly do start to notice a little bump forming. Not only this but the other obvious reasons, such as what your husband is going through right now. The list just seems to be getting longer and longer and the further down you get, the worse it gets.

For starters, Bucky has been taken by Hydra.

You have no idea where he is or what they are doing to him.

He has been gone for over a month now.

You're worried sick and the kids all miss him.

You're lying to two of your children.

Luke, your ten year old son seemed to be the one having to look after the household.

Then, turns out not only has Bucky been captured but they are torturing, brainwashing, mind controlling and manipulating him to do god knows what kind of terrible things.

You still don't know where he is.

You're pregnant when you shouldn't be.

By now you find it hard to get out of bed in the morning. The only thing that gets you up is your children and the slither of hope that you have that Bucky might come home today.

But days pass and you don't hear anything from Steve. You aren't eating, so while you should technically be getting bigger you are getting smaller. You aren't sleeping, so you look dreadful. The whole time in the back of your mind is the thought that you really need to look after yourself because you've got someone else to look after now too along with what happened last time.

And then today everything just seems to come to a head...

As you are getting Luke's bag packed for school in the morning suddenly you hear a small voice from behind you.

"Mumma?" Isla says.

You turn around and look at her. Much to your dismay she has tearful eyes and her bottom lip is pouring out.

"Aw sweetie, what's wrong?" You coo, melting at the sight of her.

You drop to your knees and motion for her to come in for a hug.

"Where's daddy? When's he coming home?" She whimpers as she walks into your arms and wraps her tiny ones around you.

Your heart pangs.

"I don't know darling. We aren't allowed to know these things when he's away," you lie hoarsely, having to fight back your own tears.

"But I miss him so much mummy." She suddenly breaks down sobbing. "It feels like he's been gone for years."

By now your own tears are falling.

"I know baby girl, I know. I'm so sorry. I wish it didn't have to be this way." You sniffle.

You let her just cry in your arms for a while but while she's there you notice Luke standing in the doorway of his bedroom. He waves you over to him and you nod.

"Okay Isla, I know you're upset but could you please do mummy a big favour and go get yourself dressed like a big girl? Can you do that for me? I need you to be a big brave girl for me please," you say kindly as you pull away to look at her.