I'll Keep This Secret For You (Part 17)

Done.

Mission Complete.

That was a piece of cake. She barely even put up a fight. And then the politician was even easier.

Inconspicuously he makes his way out of the building and back to the meeting point where his handler told him to go.

There are is only one thing playing on his mind but he doesn't really let it bother him.

What the hell was she going on about when she was talking about her dad?

With empty eyes and an empty heart he makes his way through the back streets to the rendezvous point and sure enough the van with someone he doesn't know or recognise - not unusual - inside it sits casually at the side of the road with the engine still idling, ready for a quick take off. 

The Winter Soldier strides down the dark alley, the brindle haired, shaggy bearded mans reflection in the wing mirror. He spares a sideways glance in the assassin direction as the flash of the metal arm approaches the vehicle. The Asset simply flings open the door, slips into the back seat of the van and pulls the door closed quietly behind him.

Sitting on the bench seat parallel to the wall he stares blankly at the far wall in silence. All that can be seen above the restrictive black mask is his piercing blue eyes through a few strands of hair.

His driver has already driven off, expectantly looking in the rearview mirror every once and a while waiting for the soldier to do or say something. Not that he ever does so without being instructed to.

"Well?" he asks after a while.

"Target terminated," The Winter Soldier says in a gravely, muffled voice without even turning his head to acknowledge the man.

"Excellent," the man jeers, grinning maniacally.

"There was another." The soldier mumbles darkly.

His driver quirks an eyebrow curiously. "Another?"

"A woman. She came into the room with a gun pointed at me so I had to get rid of her."

"Is that so? It must be one of those damn shield agents." The man grumbles in frustration. "We need to be more careful. They could be on to us."

Not understanding the seriousness of what could happen if he gets discovered The Asset doesn't react.

"Don't worry sir, I took care of it." He states.

"I'll send someone to retrieve her body now before anyone finds it and we can investigate it. Where is the body?" The driver huffs.

"Fourth floor, I hid it in the closet just to the left of the stairs but there was blood on the carpet." The Winter Soldier responds almost mechanically.

"Excellent."

~

"Can you believe it?" One of the assistant doctor gasps.

"What are the odds?" Another chuckles.

"Who would've thought out of anyone in the world he would wind up killing his own daughter." The main doctor shakes his head in amazement.

"Stop laughing!" The handler growled. "Don't you see? What if they sent her after him because they knew who he was?"

"I was with him when he first told me about the mission." The man who had driven The Winter Soldier pipes up. "If she knew who he was she would've tried to rattle him. He didn't say anything about being concerned with her. It's probably just coincidence."