The Howlies (Part 2)

You hardly recognise him for his face is so beat up.

For a second you think he's dead and your stomach drops to the floor. Your blood runs cold and you feel like you're going to be sick. You're frozen with horror in place, unable to move.

But then suddenly he coughs, a spatter of blood leaving his lips and he rolls onto his side groaning. This sight brings you to your senses. Bucky has always protected you since you knew him, now you're going to do the same for him.

"What have you done to him?" you leap to your feet and scream, clinging onto the bars as if pulling hard enough will let you be able to get through to the colonel and murder him.

Already walking away, he turns on his heel and looks at you with humoured surprise.

"I'm sorry?" He says calmly, a sick smirk on his face.

"Why are you treating him like this?" You cry, not backing down. "He's no different to any of these other men! If you keep this up he won't be able to work!"

"That's exactly my point deary," he says in a low, terrifyingly dark voice. "Barnes deserves everything he has coming for him."

As he advances slowly towards you you step back scared, nearly tripping over Bucky's body in the process.

"You're a monster," you say through gritted teeth.

"Ah yes, and it feels great." The colonel sighs contently.

"What did you do to him? This is no ordinary beating." You whimper in disgust.

"If you don't shut your mouth right now girly you'll find out for yourself!" He yells in a gravely voice before smacking his cane on the metal bars making an awful sound ring through the dungeon. You flinch at the loud noise.

Just like that he walks away and it isn't until now that you realise the whole place is completely silent from watching the whole ordeal. Ignoring everyone else you collapse to your knees beside Bucky and tears immediately spring to your eyes.

"Oh my god Buck." You whisper frantically.

Your hands are shaking as you fumble to get his head in your lap.

"Nnnn, (Y/N)." He moans and screws up his face, weakly reaching his hand up for you, he's barely conscious.

"I'm here Bucky it's okay, you're going to be okay," you mumble through your tears, half trying to reassure yourself as well as him.

"I'm sorry," he croaks.

"Don't be sorry, he's evil. No sane person would do that." You shake your head.

Bucky's whole face is covered in blood, one of his eyes is swollen shut while the other blue one peaks out from amongst the red and sizeable gashes scour his face as well. His lips are a mangled mess, his nose is bleeding and probably broken, his hair is caked down with blood and his raggedy uniform is also stained with blood in places too. He coughs again, spitting up more blood and then winces in pain clutching at his side.

"Oh Bucky." You cry. "What are we going to do with you?"

You've never seen someone injured this badly from just a beating.

"I just need to learn to shut my mouth." He tries to chuckle but it clearly hurts him and doesn't sound healthy.

He eventually ends up having a coughing fit, sounding all chesty and coughing up more blood. He rolls to his side to spit it out before groaning in pain. His breathing is shallow and rattly and you can tell each rasp brings him pain.