That's Okay (Part 3)

4 years later:

You walk into the bakery and immediately your eyes fall on the decadent cakes displayed on the back wall and you know you will struggle to pick.

You shuffle further into the shop to try and get a better look. This is your favourite bakery but also a tiny one at the edge of town that not many people come to.

There's a man standing in the way and as you come to stand beside him you recognise him by his gorgeous side profile.

That curly brown hair, those striking blue eyes, those plump pink lips. It's him.

Your heart does a nervous flip at the sight of him. He looks more handsome then ever. But why do you feel this way all of a sudden? You've moved on... Haven't you?

He hasn't noticed you yet, too busy looking at the cabinet deciding what to get. You find yourself wanting to make conversation. It's been so long so why not?

"We have got to stop banging into each other in unexpected places." You lean up and whisper in his ear.

You smile amusedly at him as he turns around to see that it's you.

"Oh my god! (Y/N)! Hi!" He exclaims and hugs you.

"Hey Bucky." You chuckle. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

"I wanted a pie and well, you know this is my absolute favourite place." He sighs.

"We used to come here all the time, you first showed me this place." You nod in agreement, feeling a little pang.

"We did." He says gravely and looks down. "And what are you doing here now then?" He adds more lightly.

"Picking a cake." You say. "It my-"

"Your birthday tomorrow. I know, I remember." He interrupts you, smiling shyly.

"You do huh?" You smirk.

"So how've you been?" He asks, rocking back on his heels. "What have you been up to?"

"I got engaged actually." You grin and can't help but fiddle with the diamond ring on your finger.

"Oh wow." He says clearly shocked. "That's great!" He exclaims and takes your hand to examine the ring although there is a glimmer of disappointment in his eyes that you can't deny. "I'm really happy for you doll." He sighs eventually.

"Thank you Bucky." You smile. "How've you been?"

"Good actually. Really good. And I honestly mean it this time." He huffs and smiles.

And it's true. He's gotten himself back together over the last few years. Got a solid job, moved on from you... As much as he can.

"That's great bucky I'm glad." You sigh.

You think for a second, an idea popping into your head.

"You know I'm having a birthday party this weekend, would you like to come? I can introduce you to my fiancé." You ask him hopefully.

He looks at you surprised.

"Are you sure?" He frowns. "I wouldn't want to intrude or anything."

"No Bucky, it's fine. I want us to be friends again." You smile.

"Okay." He grins, his face lighting up at this.

"Great." You sigh relieved.

------

The party has been going for about an hour now and you can't help but keep an eye out for him, crossing your fingers that he will come.

"Babe, who are you looking for?" Your fiance, Morgan, whispers in your ear from where he stands with you on his arm like he has all night.