Finally (Part 29)

WARNING: As Steve would say... Language!

You run an exasperated hand through your hair regretting every decision you have made over the past week. Why did you say yes to letting Luke have practically his whole class over? Why did you say yes to them having a water fight? Why did you put enough icing on the cake for it to somehow get smeared on the walls?

You just felt sorry for Luke and wanted him to have a good birthday party because he has to put up with so much. Yet now here you are in a house full of screaming ten year olds and a huge mess everywhere that you're dreading having to clean up later.

At least Luke's having fun. You haven't seen him look this happy in a long time. Yesterday, his actual birthday was good too. Bucky came home from hospital the day before so you all spent the day chilling out together, enjoying the most time you've had together as a family in a long time and then went out for a nice dinner.

Luckily Steve and Peggy are here today to, lending a bit of a hand but you can't expect too much of them.

"Hey doll," a familiar voice that sounds like music to your ears calls out.

You look up in relief to see Bucky standing in the doorway, resting against the frame. His arm on his injured side in a sling to stop it from moving and making the gash worse, his face freshly shaven for the first time since you've seen him back and his hair damp and clean looking. Good. He must've had a shower.

He's on pretty strict rest so he's spent the morning looking after Theo rather than dealing with this rowdiness.

"Oh thank god you were beginning to smell." You sigh jokingly as you wander over to him. You rest your head on his chest and wrap your arms around his back while he naturally places his free one on the small of yours in a loose hug.

"Hey! It's not my fault I wasn't allowed to get wet! Believe me I didn't plan on this happening." He pouts.

"I know I know I'm kidding." You grin up at him. "How's Theo?"

"Just put him down for a nap so I thought I'd come give you a hand for a bit. You look stressed out of your mind," he remarks.

"Your not wrong." You huff. "Why don't you keep an eye on the kids while I start to clean up some of this mess from lunch?"

"Sounds good, let me know if you need a hand." He nods in agreement.

"You just stay put and don't over exert yourself. I'll be back soon," you tell him.

                                       ~~~~

You're just in the middle of scrubbing plates when Isla comes toddling into the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie! You having fun?" You ask her.

"Mummy there's a strange man at the door," she says sounding almost scared. "Daddy doesn't look very happy to see him."

"What?" You frown and pick her up, propping her on your hip.

You're about to go have a look, no idea who it could be when as if on cue the shouting starts.

"Oi! You can't just show up here and expect to come charging in to my house!" You hear Bucky yell, he sounds angry.