Birthday Boy

You and Steve wait excitedly for Bucky to get back from work. It's his 21st birthday today and although it was planned out to be just a normal day you and Steve are dead set on making it the best day ever for your best friend Bucky.

You took the liberty of taking the day off work to make Bucky a cake. A simple vanilla cake and vanilla icing; his favourite. Steve bought some candles on his way home from work too and now as you put the finishing touches to the cake Steve sits by the window on lookout.

As far as Bucky knows nothing special besides your guys normal birthday ritual is happening tonight.

"He's coming! He's coming!" Steve suddenly shouts just as your adjusting the position of the last candle on the cake.

The kitchen turns into mayhem as the two of you rush around.The key rattles in the door and then a tired, slightly glum looking Bucky walks in with his face to the floor.

"Surprise!" Both you and Steve shout as you jump in front of him revealing the cake.

His face lights up and a huge smile plasters his lips as he sees the two of you and his little surprise.

"Aw you two!" He beams and extends his arms out to the both of you. "Come here!"

You quickly put the cake down and walk into his embrace and share a big group hug full of grunts and 'aw's' as he wiggles you around playfully. It's super cheesy but that's just the way you three are.

"Thank you guys." Bucky smiles contently and kisses you on the temple and pats Steve on the back. "You didn't have to."

"Yes we did. 21's a big birthday!" You exclaim.

Bucky rolls his eyes and smiles shyly.

"How was work?" Steve asks.

"Alright I guess." Bucky shrugs. "Nothing amazing happened. Don't really think that anyone knew it was my birthday."

"Well of course they won't know if you don't tell them!" Steve chuckles.

"I just don't want to make a big deal!" He wines.

"But you deserve to get made a fuss of on just one day of the year!" You insist. "Now go and get changed so that we can go to the river."

"Yes ma'am." He says and salutes you, mocking your bossiness.

"Go!" You laugh after rolling your eyes.

He chuckles before running off to his room.

While he's getting ready you and Steve light the candles on his cake so that he can blow them out before you head off.

Every year for all three of your guys birthdays you buy a big roast dinner and chips and go down to your special spot at the river and swim in the water hole and eat dinner there for the evening. Steve's birthday is always the best because it's right in the middle of summer so it's warm but today the weather isn't too bad anyway so it should be fun.

Bucky comes back out wearing shorts and a button up shirt.

"Alright are we ready?" He huffs and claps his hands together.

"You have to blow out the candles first!" You exclaim.

"Oh my god." He chuckles but comes over and blows them out anyway.

His long eyelashes close and his soft looking pink lips pucker a little as he does so and you can't help but admire his face.

"Let's hope your wish comes true." You smile as he straightens up.

"We'll see later doll." He says and winks at you.

What does he mean by that?

Brushing it off you cut three big slices from the cake and you each dig into them.