The Howlies (Part 8)

"O-oh!" You stutter shocked at all their eagerness. "Oh my gosh! I don't know."

"I really don't think it's a good idea." Bucky nudges you.

"Yeah, you know. Out on the field, you'll get bumped around and all. It's really dangerous," Steve hints.

"Oh come on guys stop being so protective! We were just talking about how unfair we are to women! Why shouldn't (Y/N) be involved?" Dum Dum pipes up.

"But-" Gabe starts.

"You know what? You're right! Yeah. I'm in! Let's do this!" You exclaim excitedly, ignoring Bucky, Steve and Gabe.

You're not going to let this baby get in the way of you experiencing life. You don't want to just sit around in a stinky, depressing hospital ward all day.

                              ~~~~

"What the hell was that doll?" Bucky exclaims exasperatedly as he follows you into the tent.

"What do you mean?" you say innocently.

"You agreeing to be part of our commando squad?"

"Bucky I can't live my life around this baby. I didn't expect it and I'm not letting it stop me from doing things. I'm just taking things one day at a time with it okay?"

"I don't care about the baby I'm worried about you!" He bursts out.

You look at him kind of taken aback.

"Please doll, I nearly lost you once already in Austria, I don't want to loose you again," he begs you, placing his hands on your arms and looking at you with concern.

"Um, correction," you interrupt, holding up a finger. "I nearly lost you. You were the one that got taken not me. And you've said it yourself before, I'm good at what I do. I can be helpful to you guys."

"I don't know doll," he mumbles and shakes his head.

"Bucky please." You pout, pulling him to sit down on the bed beside you. "It's not that I can go be right in the thick of the battle with you guys anyway, I simply don't have the skills. I'll do like the behind the scenes stuff and be your nurse."

He huffs in thought.

"Pleeeease?" You wine and lean into his chest. "I'll pay special attention to you. And besides, it'll just mean we get to spend more time together. I don't want to be away from you for as long as you'll be gone."

"Ok fiiiine." He moans.

"Good, because I didn't need your permission anyway and I was going to do it whether you said I could or not." You grin cheekily and peck him on the lips.

When you pull away he gives you a shocked but entertained look and just scoffs and shakes his head.

                              ~~~~

"Jim you need to be more careful." You wince as you pull the piece of shrapnel from his shoulder.

"Ah!" He gasps. "Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess I got a bit carried away." He huffs.

"From what the others were saying when you got back it was more than  a bit," you remark.

"Ah! How's the stupid idiot doing!" Bucky exclaims teasingly as he walks into the tent and slaps Morita on the back.

"Ow!" He yelps. "And better now thanks to your girl."

"What can I say." Bucky sighs dramatically dreamily before leaning down and kidding your cheek. "She's a magic worker."