The Howlies (Part 7)

You don't know what you were so worried about with telling Bucky, he's been so good about the whole situation. He did admit however that Steve and Gabe know too but it isn't his fault that they do. After cornering Gabe you traced it back to Lizzy and the five of you now have made it clear that you're going to keep your mouths shut about it until further notice. So for the moment, things are going okay... Emphasis on the for now.

                               ~~~~

"Steve's shouting us all drinks tonight, said there's something he wants to ask us about. Did you want to come out? I mean, I know you can't drink and all but like, just to hang out?" Bucky mumbles as he props himself up on his elbow to face you as he lazily stares at you with an admiring gaze while you lie tangled in the sheets of your bed together.

"Why not?" You shrug as you mirror his position. "Sounds like fun."

"Great." He grins. "We should probably get going."

"Aw but I was enjoying this." You pout.

"So was I." He smiles cutely, his eyes flickering down for a moment. "So unless you've got plans for the rest of the night I was hoping that I could come back here afterwards?" he adds teasingly.

He knows you've got nothing on. He's been spending nearly every night with you recently. It always has to be in your tent because even though Steve knows about you two it's obviously just more intimate with just the two of you.

"Hm, I don't know about that," you joke.

He laughs breathlessly. "Please?" he begs.

"Oh, I suppose so." You groan sarcastically.

"Yay, your cuddles are amazing." He sighs just before leaning in to peck you on the lips.

That's what you guys have quickly discovered you love to do the most; hold each other, snuggle close and just laugh and talk.

He flips back the blanket and slips out of bed, pulling his shirt back on and buttoning it up, making sure its smooth you slide out of bed too and both of you walk out of the tent to the tavern hand in hand.

Pretty much everyone knows about you two being an item by now and even though it isn't really allowed you guys kind of became close under unfortunate circumstances... And being Captain America's best friend also gives Bucky some perks, lucky breaks and exceptions to the rules.

                              ~~~~

While the boys go hard with the drinks, Steve asks Bucky to come with him for a talk and invites you along too. The three of you sit in a side room at the bar where it is a little quieter while he explains to the two of you that he's wanting to start up his own commando unit to fight with him against Hydra and wanted to know if Bucky would join.

"I think you already know my answer, but who else are you going to ask?" Bucky asks.

"Gabe, Dugan, Falsworth, James and the rest of those guys," Steve explains. "But I don't know what they'll think of it. It is a pretty big ask I know."

"Oh they're all stupid. They'll do anything to fight. They'll agree, especially if you go ask right about now, they're right at that happy stage where they've had a few too many beers so they're all happy go lucky, but not enough to make them rowdy." Bucky says and claps him on the back, pushing Steve towards the group of men at a table just in the main room.

                              ~~~~

"What do you think they're saying?" You ask as you crane your neck to try and see Steve with the rest of the group.