Rekindling A Romance (Part 3)

You sit by the fire trying to keep warm in the frosty winter weather since yours and Bucky's radiator isn't working. You've just had a shower to freshen up after work and your hoping that the heat from the fire will also dry your hair.

Just as the doorknob starts to turn open, knowing full well who it is you can't help but role your eyes and internally groan. But to your surprise, for the first time in months probably Bucky enters the house with a huge grin on his face.

"Good evening doll, how are you?" He beams as he actually comes over to greet you.

It catches you off guard when he actually bends down and embraces you in a hug.

"Oh wow hey Buck," you can't help but say as you reluctantly hug him back and he kisses your cheek. "How was your day?"

"Good thanks Darling. Now if you'll just give me two minutes I'm gonna go put my stuff away and I'll come out and talk to you then." He sighs as he stands back up and slings his bag back over his shoulder.

You sit there in shock for a few moments once he disappears trying to figure out what the fuck just happens and then suddenly it clicks.

Steve, you think to yourself with a smirk. Steve must've talked to him. Well hopefully it worked, you'll see how long this good mood lasts.

He surprises you once again when he comes back out holding a dress bag with a soft smile on his lips.

"Doll, I got something for you," he murmurs.

You gasp as you get up and rush over to him, guessing what it is. Sure enough as you unzip the garment bag it reveals the dress that you had been wanting and the two of you had taught over.

"Oh my gosh Bucky thank you!" You gush and leap on him in a massive hug. "Thank you so much! You didn't have to."

"Yes I did doll," he mumbles guiltily into your hair as he snakes his free arm around your waist. "As an apology. I'm so sorry. I've not been myself lately and I've taken it out on you. I treated you like a dick because I've just had a lot on my mind."

"Did Steve talk to you?" You pull back and quirk an eyebrow at him.

"Yes." He huffs ashamed.

You can't help but giggle. "I'm surprised it actually worked, I should've given you more credit. And babe it's okay, if you need to talk about whatever's troubling you you should just tell me, I'm more than willing to listen and help you," you add sincerely.

"No there's no need for that, I'm sure you'll find out in time." He shakes his head and smiles weekly at you.

You frown confused before continuing. "And I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I should be able to realise when something is wrong with my partner."

"I love you doll, I really do." He smiles down at you and presses his lips to yours in a lingering kiss.

"I love you to." You whisper against his sweet tasting lips that you have missed lately.

"And guess what." He grins looking at you slyly.

"What?" You smirk.

"I've got a reservation for us at our favourite restaurant tomorrow night." He beams knowingly.

"Really?" You exclaim excitedly. "We haven't been there in ages!"

"Yep, I thought it would give you the perfect opportunity to show off your new dress." He smiles happily.

"Oh Bucky thank you." You sigh and squeeze him in another hug. "I made dinner, it's beef stew."

"Oh yes my favourite!" He grunts and pumps his fists. "Why were you sitting on the floor?" He frowns as you start to walk over to the kitchen together.

"I was sitting by the fire because it was warm, the radiators out you know," you explain.

"Oh shit is it?" he asks. "Sorry, I'll get on to fixing that tomorrow."

"No rush, just do it when you're free. It's actually quite nice by the fire." You shrug.

"You know what would make it nicer though?" he starts cunningly.

"What?" You can't help but grin.

He's seeming like the old Bucky. The one you fell in love with.

"Snuggling under blankets," he leans in and whispers in your ear.

You light up at this.

"That does sound nice." You giggle. "Very nice."

And that's exactly what happens, you each grab a bowl of stew and then go to the cupboard and fetch a thick woolen blanket which you both huddle beneath and sip at your dinner remaining close to each other. Once your finished you lean your head on Bucky's shoulder and he presses a gentle kiss to your hair as he wraps an arm around your shoulder and the two of you sit in silence just enjoying each others company for the first time in forever.

"Do you want me to braid your hair?" he randomly asks after a while.

"You can try." You laugh quietly before getting up to get your brush.

You let him brush your hair into soft locks before attempting to braid it. You chuckle whenever you here him curse or mutter or grumble in frustration every so often and eventually he comes away please with himself for creating something that somewhat resembles a French braid.

Satisfied, the two of you head off to bed together and for the first time in a long time you make love and fall asleep tangled together in each others arms, cuddling and kissing and whispering to each other rather than on opposite sides of the bed facing away from each other.