Make It Alright

You drop your bag to the ground in the middle of the lounge as you make a beeline for the bedroom. All you want to do right now is sleep. You feel like shit and your exhausted after a long day.

At least Bucky must've lit the fire before he went to sleep, thank god. Otherwise this place would be absolutely freezing right now.

Thinking that he will already be asleep you huff as you open the bedroom door as quietly as possible so as not to disturb him. But you are surprised to find that when you open the door a pale light floods out into the lounge. He must still be up.

Sure enough when you step inside there he is. Shirtless and sitting propped up against his pillow with his bedside lamp on and reading glasses perched on his nose as he reads a book.

When he sees you his blue eyes flick up from the page and he looks at you over the top of his glasses as a soft smile spreads across his lips.

"Oh your awake." You sigh as you cross over to your chest of drawers. "I thought you would be asleep."

"I wanted to wait up for you." He says quietly.

"You didn't have to do that." You shake your head as you slip out of your work clothes and into your night dress.

"I was worried when you didn't get home in time for dinner. I wasn't going to be able to sleep anyway." He points out.

Your heart melts. Already in the last 30 seconds he has managed to make you feel better.

"I just had to stay for a late shift because Jenny's son was sick so she had to go home early. So thank you Buck but there's no need to stress. " You turn away from where you are wiping hour make up off in the mirror and smile at him sweetly.

"Anything for you doll. Are you hungry? Did you want something to eat? I saved you some dinner aside." He asks huskily.

"No thanks I ate at the diner on break." You say as you stride over to your side of the bed and take out your hair, releasing some of the tension on your scalp.

He watches you suspiciously as you flop down onto the duvet and let out a long, heavy breath. Even now you still feel all worked up.

"Are you okay? You seem stressed." He frowns, putting down his book and glasses and turning to you.

When he props himself up on his elbow you get ready to spill everything. You know that when he does this he's ready to listen. Not that you weren't going to rant anyway.

"It was just a long day." You sigh as you turn to face him mimicking his position.

"What happened?" He asks concerned.

"Well it started off that it rained on the way to work so I got wet. And then when I got to work I realised that I'd forgotten my apron so I got told off and I had to come all the way back here to get it and then I ended up being late for work and therefore I got in even more trouble." You explain tiredly.

"Baby that sucks. That's really bad luck." He says sympathetically.

"Oh but there was one positive. Mable let me borrow her umbrella for when I had to come back here so at least I didn't get wet again." You say sarcastically.

"Well I'm glad you can see the good in things." He chuckles.

"Ah! But I'm not done." You say seriously. "And then I don't know it just seemed like today was angry customer day or something. I swear every person I had to serve had some kind of issue with their food or was just in a bad mood or was so rude."

"That's not very nice of them. You're just doing your job." Bucky says.

"I know right! It's not my fault that the chef didn't make their milkshake frothy enough! Yet I have to deal with the consequences!" You exclaim.

"Aw darling I'm sorry about that." He pouts.

"It's okay it's not your fault." You huff and shrug. "And then of course I ended up getting pulled back for the late shift which is the last thing I wanted to do."

"Wow." Bucky says genuinely shocked. "That really does sound like an awful day."

"Yeah. And to make matters worse I think I'm coming down with something now." You groan.

"Oh no your joking. Do you want me to get you something?" He asks worriedly.

"No I'll be fine. It's just a cold I'll survive." You shake your head.

"Well at least let me give you a massage to relax you." He smirks as he sits up and faces you cross legged.

"Oh I won't say no to that." You grin and sit up with your back to him.

Slowly and gently he begins to work magic with his delicate but skilled fingers. You moan in pleasure as he massages you, gradually releasing the stress from your shoulders.

"God, anyone would think you did this for a job your so good at it." You gasp.

"It is my job." He mumbles in a low, deep voice. "To take care of you."

You then feel warmth on your neck as he presses a kiss against your exposed skin.

"Oh Buck." You sigh. "You always know how to make things alright."

After a while you become too drowsy to sit up. You lean back against him and he lies down with you in his arms as you drift off to sleep, enveloped in his heat and protection and warmth.

The next morning when you wake up early because you feel like crap due to what you can now definitely tell is a head cold, you are wrapped in Bucky's arms with your head buried in his chest. When you look up and see his adorable little face as he sleeps, long eyelashes on display with his eyes closed and his pale pink lips slightly ajar with light stubble tracing his upper lip, you know that he is all you need. No matter how shitty you feel or how awful work is, he makes it all worth it.