Rekindling A Romance (Part 2)

"Buck?" Steve asks innocently, leaning on the hood of Bucky's car.

"Yeah?" Bucky replies, imitating his tone.

"What's going on with you and (Y/N)?" he asks casually.

"What do you mean?" Bucky frowns.

"What's the story? You guys just don't seem how you were before."

"Oh man, don't even get me started." Bucky huffs, popping up from where he is fiddling with the gear box.

"But seriously, what's wrong?" Steve presses.

"She's changed. She doesn't seem to be investing as much in this relationship as she used to."

"Hm that's strange because that's pretty much what she said to me too." Steve says sarcastically.

"Really? You've been talking to her?"

"Maybe..."

"Okay, if you really want to know, I was going to propose to her a few months ago."

"Oh, and you got cold feet?" Steve sighs in understanding.

"No, not exactly. Well," Bucky stutters defensively. "I mean I just started thinking about all th-"

"Buck, you got cold feet." Steve deadpans.

"Okay fine, I'm just nervous!"

"Why? You know (Y/N) wants to get married."

"But what if she says no?"

"She wouldn't. Well, maybe now she would if you don't clean your act up."

Bucky's eyes flit to the ground.

"Okay so your nervous, but that's just normal, and it still doesn't explain why you've been being a dick to her. I heard about your little gambling incident the other night. What the fuck are you doing?"

"I guess the fact that I was second guessing proposing made me apprehensive about everything. And I didn't actually go gambling. I took the money because I needed to pay this months deposit on the ring but I wasn't getting paid for another few days and I needed to pay it or else I'd loose it. I was going to pay her back as soon as I got the money I swear, and I was planning on her not finding out. I got mad because I'm just so stressed about the whole situation, I'm paying all this money on the ring and right now it doesn't even look like we're going to get married."

"Wow okay so that changes things." Steve huffs in shock.

"Yeah," Bucky mumbles. "I feel like a dick."

"You do realise that (Y/N) does love you but she's been acting off and uninterested because that's exactly how you're coming across too?" Steve explains.

"I know."

"I'm telling you right now Buck, you need to sort your shit out and propose or do something because you're on the verge of loosing her."

"I know. Thank you Steve, I really needed that kick up the ass. I'm going to do everything I can to get her back." Bucky huffs. "I love her."

"That a boy." Steve smiles. "Get back to what you guys were. You were adorable."

A/N: Sorry it's so short!