Finally (Part 26)

You smile up at Bucky and hold his hand as you start up the steps towards your guys home. You get to come home today. You have tiny Theo wrapped up in your arms, Bucky is carrying your guys bags and Steve, who picked you up and drove you home, is carrying the car seat as he helps you guys inside.

He opens the door for you and gives you a big goofy grin as he moves aside. Just as the two of you step inside you get a big fright.

"Surprise!" You hear people exclaim in hushed voices and suddenly the lights turn on and there are the three beaming faces of Peggy, Isla and Luke who is holding a big blue balloon.

"Oh my gosh guys you didn't need to do this for us!" You gush and chuckle.

"Yes we did," Peggy insists as she suddenly holds up a cake that you swear she wasn't before.

"Wow." You kind of laugh. "Oh Peggy I feel awful, we didn't do anything like this for you."

"Don't worry about it. You guys had your own things to worry about then and two and a half kids." She shakes her head and waves it off. "Now come inside, get warm and settle in!"

You smile gratefully and give her a hug as you make your way through the doorway.

"Mummy!" Isla squeals and reaches up at you doing grabby hands. "I missed you."

"Hey baby." You sigh contently and kneel down to her height, letting her hug you and using your one free-ish hand to return it. "I missed you so much too."

"Theo!" She whispers to him with a huge smile on her face and then surprises you by kissing him on the cheek. "I missed you also."

"Ah, hey bud!" You hear Bucky grunt as he leans down to Luke and envelopes him in a hug, picking him up and spinning him round. "Sorry we've been away but you've got us home now!"

"Yeah I know, it's okay. I'm glad you're back now though." Luke shrugs.

You've both noticed that as he's gotten older he's gotten quieter too. He's still cheeky and playful at times but sometimes he almost seems wise beyond his years. You think it could have something to do with all he's witnessed and gone through in terms of what's happened to Bucky; loving Bucky like a father even though he actually isn't his own, loosing Bucky to the war, thinking he was dead, getting him back but he's different, seeing changes in him and seeing him go on missions and struggle. Luke's old enough to understand all of that whereas Isla really isn't and to be honest some of the attention has been taken off of him since Isla and now Theo but that's just what happens with newborn babies, plus Bucky with all his issues. You don't want him to feel left out, you love him so much. 

Then both kids swap and go say hello to each opposite hug. You pull Luke in for a big hug and squeeze him tight to let him know you're there for him.

"You excited to have a baby brother?" you offer him excitedly.

He nods and bites his lip to hold in his smile as he looks down at Theo.

Peggy and Steve stay for an afternoon tea of the cake they made before heading home with baby Sarah in her stroller so that she can have a nap and you guys can settle Theo in.

"Alright." You huff as you start to walk him around the house, bouncing him slightly with Bucky's arm around you and the kids in tow. "Welcome home Theo." You whisper and smile. "This is your house."

"You're gonna love it." Bucky mumbles and leans down to press a feather kiss to his forehead.

                              ~~~~

"Mum?" A tentative voice asks.

You look up to see Luke leaning around the door frame.

You're in your bedroom sitting in the rocking chair feeding Theo who is now one week old. Sometimes you just come here to get some peace and quiet while you get him to settle down.