That's Okay

Bucky's POV:

I sit in the corner of the bar, a cigarette hanging from my mouth and a half empty bottle in my hand, a girl who's name I haven't learnt under my arm. But that's okay, because she doesn't matter to me, not like you do.

She's saying something, telling me some story but I'm not listening. Because you just walked in. With him. But that's okay, because you seem to like him.

His jacket over your shoulders and his arm around your waist. You're cuddled in closer to him then you ever were with me. But that's okay, because it'll keep you warm on this cold winter night.

You're smiling and laughing along with him about something he just said. I never saw you look like that when you were with me. I guess he's better for you. And that's okay, because that's good for you.

For a second our eyes meet and your face drops. But quickly you brush it off and look back up at him. You must've moved on. Although it's only been a few weeks. But that's okay because it means you're fine, unlike me, and I don't want you to be feeling the way that I am.

I know I hurt you with what I did but everyone else had abandoned me so I was just worried that you would too. However now I realise that you would never have done that. But it's too late because I already did it to you. And even though it hurt you that's okay because you're probably better off without a guy like me in your life.

But now I can see that it definitely must be better off this way anyway because you look happier. No one else says it but I can see it. And that's okay because at least I know.

Steve says I'll find that feeling someday but for now all I can do is just try to numb the pain with whisky. Try and replace you with a different girl every night even though I know that won't work because I was happier with you. But that's okay because as long as your happy that's all that matters to me.

And I want you to know that if something goes wrong or things don't work out or even if you'd be willing to give me a second try, I'll be waiting here. I'll drop everything.

Because I still love you.

Your POV:

You snuggle in closer to his side as you walk down the street. But he doesn't hold you the same way Bucky did.

"Here, you look cold. Take my jacket." He says.

"Thanks." You smile and shrug it around your shoulders.

But it doesn't feel as warm as Bucky's jacket did.

He leads you into the bar that you suggested to go to because you already knew it. But it's not as fun there as it was with Bucky.

He whispers a joke in your ear as you walk through the door. You laugh. But it's not as funny as one of Bucky's jokes.

Then out of the corner of your eye you spot him.

Oh god. What is he doing here?

Wait. Dumb question. That's all he does now. Get drunk and sleep with random girls. That's not like him. It's not how Bucky used to be.

He hurt you bad. One day he just shut you out without you having done anything. And then when you called it off because he was ignoring you, next thing you knew he was with another girl. Then onto the next one quicker then that one. And the next, and the next, and the next. You can't even keep track of them anymore. He's changed so much.

Before you get too upset you look back up at your date and smile to distract yourself and try and ignore Bucky. He smiles back. But it's not the same as one of Bucky's smiles.

You try to have a good night with him and he's a nice guy. But it's not the same because he's just not Bucky.

Because nothing can compare to the times you had with Bucky before things got rough. Because in your eyes he was perfect.

All you want to say to him is that if he's willing to change his ways or still cares about you or wants to give it another go, you'll be waiting for him. You'll go running back to him.

Because you still love him.

Sorry it's hella short but I hope you still like it even though it's a bit different!