Superheros

It isn't unusual for you to receive catcalls and wolf whistles when you walk down the road on your way home in the evenings. It isn't strange for you to feel uncomfortable as men watch you walk by. But never have you actually been grabbed.

Until now.

The sun is starting to disappear so the sky is grey and dim and visibility is bad. As you walk past the old brick buildings you suddenly feel a hand wrap around your wrist and you are yanked into a side alley.

You're about to yelp when a hand is clamped tightly over your mouth. You cone face to face with a scraggly bearded man that stinks of mold and cigarettes. He wears a black beanie, has little beady brown eyes that seem to be sunken into his face and his skin looks weathered and wrinkled.

You didn't even see him as you walked by.

A whimper escapes your lips as he pushes you up against the wall and glares at you.

"Don't make a sound and this'll go down easy." He growls.

Terrified and breathing rapidly you nod rigidly, his hand still covering your mouth. Before you have a chance to do anything he drags you further down into the alley.

Struggling against him you actually manage to kick him in the shin causing him to stumble and let go of you. You take the opportunity to break away and run.

"Ah you bitch!" The man shouts. "Get her!"

"Help!" You yell frantically but before you know it you are grabbed by another man.

A younger man who was hiding behind a stack of wooden crates and kept out of nowhere. He tackles you up against the wall and pins you there with the weight of his body. You try to scream but it is muffled by his hand.

The other man stands over you menacingly now too. They're both bigger and stronger than you. You're outnumbered.

Bucky's POV:

"I'm just saying Steve, that-"

"Help!" A voice interrupts their conversation.

Bucky stops in the middle of the pavement and frowns. "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah..." Steve nods, cocking his head to the side. "It sounded not too far away from here."

"We should go check it out, it sounded like a girl." Bucky says.

"She could be in trouble." Steve gasps.

"No shit sherlock, she said help." Bucky rolls his eyes.

The two of them jog down the road keeping an eye out until they come across a dark alleyway that has a lot of shuffling and some muffled whimpers coming from it. Without hesitation they sprint down it.

Your POV:

By now your fight response has kicked in and you are trying to shove the two men off you. But nothing works. You kick, bite, scratch but they just won't budge. They're hurting you too, squeezing your neck and pressing on your wrists so hard that you wouldn't be surprised if it draws blood.

Just when you are about to give up, when you're exhausted from your attempts you suddenly hear a deep voice, and it isn't one of your attackers.

"Oi! You leave her alone!" They shout.

The two men holding you falter and next thing you know there is another guy hauling them off of you so that they go stumbling backwards and then pulling you out of the way. You cough and gasp to get your breath back. Even though you don't know who he is you are just so grateful and so freaked out by the situation that you cling onto him for dear life and bury your head on his chest.

However, before you have a chance to say anything to him another guy - an absolutely tiny guy - with blonde hair and skinny limbs, shows up out of nowhere and lunges at the two guys who are scrambling back to there feet.

"You guys better watch i-" the little guy growls and holds up his fists.

"Ah! No, Steve, let me handle it," the guy who first help you says surprisingly calmly and literally picks up the guy who you guess is called Steve who is currently kicking and throwing punches at the bad guys whilst being held in the air and plonks him next to you before stepping forward and swiftly punching each guy in the face sending them falling on their asses in a groaning heap.

"How dare you think you can treat a woman like that," he says distastefully.

The first guy who grabbed you tries to get up but he is simply shoved back down.

"Don't even think about trying anything," the guy warns.

Glaring at him the other guy spits out blood but does as he was told. You can't take your eyes away from the situation.

"Hey are you okay?" The guy who just helped you turns around and asks, his eyes full of concern once he's done.

Slowly he starts to guide you out of the alley away from the men with his hand hovering over the small of your back.

"Yeah I think so," you mumble and cross your arms self consciously and look at the ground. Just then you become aware of Steve badly wheezing next to you. "But is he?" You frown down at him.

"Don't mind me, just my asthma playing up. I'll be fine." He gasps and waves it off, stooped over with his hands on his knees.

"Seriously, did they hurt you?" The other guy asks, placing his hands on your shoulders and forcing you to look up at him with his gaze.

When you do, you discover how handsome he is. His eyes are like kaleidoscopes, an ever changing ocean of blue, you could go swimming in them and get lost forever. His lips are a pale pink and plump and soft looking like marshmallows. His skin is clean shaven and smooth and gives way to a sharp, defined jawline and cheekbones.

His brow creases as he watches you, waiting for an answer and you realise that you must be staring.

"U-um I don't think so," stutter as you look down at your wrists.

Before you can stop him he sees and gasps, reaching for one of your hands and softly brushing his fingertips over your skin. Where the men's nails were is a deep purple but not bleeding, although it hurts like a bitch.

"They did," he murmurs, his expression turning to one of anger.

"I'll make the- I'll make them pay," Steve gasps.

"No Steve, they aren't worth it," he grumbles.

"Thank you for saving me," you mumble and look up at him.

"I wasn't going to just let them do that to you now was I?" He smirks charmingly making butterflies set off in your stomach.

You grin up at him and bite your lip. "What's your name?"

"James, but you can call me Bucky." He smiles.

"Well then, thank you Bucky, and thank you Steve," you say gratefully and turn to Steve.

"Just doing my job." He huffs.

You let out a little giggle.

"And what's your name?" Bucky asks.

"(Y/N)," you say.

"(Y/N), that's beautiful." He sighs. "Why don't we take you for something to eat to help you calm down?"

"Oh no I couldn't ask that, after everything you've done for me. You guys are practically my superheros." You smile.

"I wouldn't go that far." He chuckles. "And you're not asking, I'm insisting. Right Steve?"

"Yep," Steve says and you swear he rolls his eyes.

What you don't know is that he can already see Bucky working his magic on you.

Before you know it you have started walking along the street. You end up spending the rest of the evening with the two of them, although no one can deny the spark between you and Bucky. They are lovely men, both of them funny, witty, kind and charming but it is Bucky who you just can't stop thinking about once they've walked you home and you've kissed them goodbye on the cheek.

Luckily he slipped his details into your pocket before he left so you are able to see him again.