Magical creature like you

We were in care for magical creatures class and Hagrid wanted volunteers. I was last to go, it seemed like no body could befriend him. I didn't want to go up and reveal that I'm really good with animals. Like too good. Ol' right there (y/n) come on down, your last but maybe you'll give us hope." He said waving me over. I slowly walked over and bowed to the hippogriff. He bowed back and I pet him. "How did you know to do that. I hadn't told you anything yet." Hagrid said. I giggled and said "I do a lot of work with animals, I've had a couple in my days." I said jokingly. "How many?" He asked me. I was stunned that he wanted to know. "Um, well you guys might want to sit. if I tell you, it'll be a while." Everyone sat down.

It's like they were scared because I was so good with animals, even Draco sat down. "Well, in my almost 14 years of age I've had 6 hamsters, 2 cats, 2 dogs, a bunny, a lizard, a hedgehog, 2 frogs, a toad, a rat, a owl, over 50 fish, a horse, a crab, a wild squirrel somehow, a parrot, a canary, a scorpion, and a snake." I nodded my head, and looked at Hagrid,  his mouth was so wide open. "Oh and that's not even counting magical creatures." I pointed out scrunching my eyebrows. "What? How have you had so many pets?" Hagrid said. "I don't know, I just love animals." I said shaking my head being honest. "But the magical creatures I've had were a unicorn, a fairy, a chizpurful, a crup,  a Norwegian ridgeback dragon, an imp, a leprechaun, a hippogriff...."I said that one with urgentness. "All types of puffskeins, a salamander, a sphinx, a thunder bird, and 2 of all 4 types of winged horses." I added checking to see if that was it.  "And I pet sat for a week so I also had a yeti, all kinds of trolls, a bandicoot, and a baby basilisk under my care." I nodded when I finished and everyone talked to me as the bell rang for class.

I got so many questions like "what's your favorite animal?" Or "where do you keep all of them?" And most of all "why do you have so many pets?" They followed me around like mad people. "Guys, guys, guys! I'll answer all of your questions but as we are talking about them, I have to feed them." They all groaned knowing that I had to leave. "Maybe you guys could come with?" I asked. "Maybe it could be like, extra credit." I said. "Yeah!" Everyone agreed and I asked  professor dumbledoor. "Why not!" He said smiling. Everyone was cheering as we left. Everyone got on the bus except for one person. Draco Malfoy.

I turned around to see him sitting by a tree. I sighed and walked over to him. "Hey you coming?" I asked him. "No." He said sighing. "Why not?" I asked him probably making him more mad. "I-I'm" he sighed and looked down. "It's nothing." He said. I knelt down and put a hand on his shin. "Look whatever it is, you shouldn't be afraid to speak. Even if it is the truth." I said looking into his eyes as he looked back. "I'm scared that an animal is going to bite me." He said blushing and looking embarrassed. "It's okay." I said completely calm. "I was worried sick like you before I met them. They won't hurt you. I only get non aggressive animals, I'm not *that * crazy." I laughed and he did too. "Well, come on! The bus is about to leave, there is only one empty seat left so you'll have to just live with sitting with me." I said and he rolled his eyes.

<time-skip>
As we exited the bus to my farm, everyone started running and screaming. I got up on a table and shouted "HEY!" Everyone quieted down "while so many people are here, it needs to be absolutely quiet! My animals hate loins noises and most of them are very skittish. If I hear screaming or mean words to my animals, I will ask you to leave. If I see you running, jumping off of stuff, or horse playing, you will then aslo be asked to leave. And finally, if ANY I repeat ANY damage is to be caused to this place. That person will receive detentions every Saturday for a month." They all quieted down cause they knew I meant business. "And what if we don't want to leave if we get asked too?" Pansy Parkinson said with a smirk and crossing her arms. "Detention for a week." I said to her coldly. "So I'd advise you all to take my advise and just listen. Do I make myself clear?" I said to everyone. "Yes." They all said but I could hear pansy in the back say "no!". She rolled her eyes and kicked a chunk of dirt out of my yard "PARKINSON!" I shouted and everyone stopped and looked at either me or pansy. "Leave now." She got on the bus and left.

"Hey, (y/n) where are the ponies?" A 3rd year asked. "In the back to the left." I said  to them as they walked off.  I helped 3 more people and gave  a lesson to a 3rd year group about mooncalves. "Oh and this is billowbee." A light yellow white mooncalf walked up to me and I fed it some seed. "They only come out on a full moon, that's why they are so rare to see, but if you tame one before they turn 2 days old they will not be affected like that." All the children stared in awe as billowbee walked around. "Wow." All the children said as the mooncalf did a trick. I whistled. "Billowbee come." I said to him and he walked over. I hopped over the fence and talked with billowbee. "Now this creature can get scared very easily if he is not comfortable and doesn't know who all of you are." All the students backed up and stayed silent. "Billowbee catch." I threw him a plant and he caught it.

I hugged him and he purred. "Mokncalves are very affectionate creatures too." I said as he nudged me towards someone. It was Draco. "Billowbee, what are you doing?" I asked him laughing. He grunted and pushed me more. I just walked over and sat on the fence next to Draco. "Are you happy now?" I asked. He huffed and pushed me off but Draco caught me. "Keep your mooncalf in reign." Draco said. He pushed me back up and billowbee pushed me back. "Billowbee Grimm!" I said as I caught myself. "Mooncalves also detect love." Said one of the girls giggling with her other friends. "That's not what's happening." I said to her. "Or is it." Draco said. "Of course not!" I said back. He just raised an eyebrow. "Okay maybe." I said. "Wait what? I was just joking." "Or were you." I said raising an eyebrow. He blushed. "Maybe." "Oooo. Someone has a crush!" The girls said. "Okay everyone back on the bus." I said cause my timer went off that it was time to leave. They all got on and left.

"So you like me?" Draco asked. "Id say your tolerable." I said to him. "Oh is that right?" He said laughing. "Just about, yeah." I said. "Billowbee, do your thing." Draco said and billowbee pushed me into Draco's chest. I felt good. I hugged him. "I'm tolerable huh?" He asked hugging me back. "More then that." I said hugging him tighter. "I know." He said letting me go. "So see you here tomorrow?" I asked him. "Yeah. See ya." Draco apperated back home.

1320 words