Stars and space between us

Draco's pov
In my second year of Hogwarts I befriended a girl who was obsessed with beauty. She said that all beauty was shown with makeup and the right color. I could tell she was forced like me to be someone she isn't. I can say I understand cause I do. I told her she doesn't have to be like that around me. So she finally told me what she was in love with and her answer was clear "space." She said.

Then she moved away. In a blink of an eye I was torn away from the happiest friendship I'd ever had and probably will ever have. She was gone and my world turned grey again. Year six rolled around and we heard news of a returning student and by this point I'd given up hope that it was her. They said something about her being a big nerd. It was possible but why would she be returning if she'd left in the first place.

I walk into DADA the next morning and see a figure standing in a spot that oddly seemed like déjà vu. I stood there and then I knew. It was her. After four years I saw her again. She was so much older and more neat but she WAS a nerd. She held her hair in one big ponytail and her eyes were surrounded by round metal frames. Her smiled shimmered with her teal braces. "Hey." I said hoping she'd remembered me. "Um hi." She replied. Nope. I mentally sighed and smiled. I was about to speak when her eyes went wide. "Oh my god Draco!!" She said hugging me. I made a hmph sound when she tackled me in a hug. She let go of me and spoke "my god you've grown up!" I smiled and replied with "I think I can say the same for you. "Oh yeah I should probably take all of this off." She took her hair down and flipped it over. She took off her cute glasses and placed them in her purse. What I thought were her braces was a retainer. Her teeth were perfect. I was in awe. "My god! You've grown up more then I have definitely!!" I shook my head. "Are you sure about that?" She laughed. "Yes I'm positive." I laughed. "My god you're so handsome." She shook her head. "Thank you." I smiled. "Okay so first," she paused "Who's your girlfriend?" She clapped.
"Oh I don't have one."
"Don't have one? That's absolute bull! You're so amazing how could you not?"
"Well I mean, I want to have one, there is someone but she doesn't know it."
"Well tell her! She would probably love to know."
"Really?"
"Yes. Now sit down before Snape kills you!" She laughed
"Okay."
The class went on forever and I just watched her bite her lip and her pencil eraser. She flipped her hair and my heart flipped. I physically looked down. Do I have a crush on her? No, she's my best friend, nothing more. Right? Right? I panicked on the inside. I couldn't focus. I tapped my pencil repeatedly. She turned around. "Can you please stop?" She asked kindly.
"S-sorry." I stuttered.
"Thanks." She smiled.
She turned back around and I sighed.
Class ended and I ran out not wanting to have to talk with her for an hour. I saw her try to catch up and I ran faster. I ran to my room and slammed the door shut. I laid on my bed and thought. I played with the ring that she gave me before she left. There was a moon engraved on the side.
She seemed to have a thing for astronomy. Moons, stars, planets, everything. She was a nerd inside but didn't look like it stereotypically on the outside.
Maybe that's what I loved about her...
I didn't just say love... did I?
Maybe I did.
I don't know.
I sighed and turned my light off trying to get some sleep.
~~~~~~
I woke up and was excited for breakfast. I'd get to eat by y/n.
I sounded like a teenage girl didn't I?
I sighed to myself about my thoughts and walked to breakfast.
I placed my hand on her shoulder and tore her attention away from her book.
It was a pretty binding, stars on a dark blue sky. The books casing was gold rimmed and the sky's colors melted together like watercolors.
I sat next to her and she talked about how her dad took her stargazing the last night she was at home.
"Well I have a surprise for you later!" I said to her.
Her eyes widened.
"What do you mean?" She asked cautiously
"I just have a surprise! It's good, I promise!"
She smiled and went back to breakfast and her book.
I was gonna take her to the astronomy tower.
A couple hours later after school I took her behind me and I walked her up the staircase to the tower.
"This is the astronomy tower. At night, you can see all of the stars."
It was starting to get dark and she looked at the sunset.
"Sometimes the sunset is the best part of the day. It's so bright and beautiful. You just wanna reach out and touch it." She held out her hand, grasping for the orange rays of the sun.
I waved my wand and a blanket had lain out. I sat down and she looked back at me.
"Come sit."
She nodded and sat next to me. The sun had gone down and the stars started to dot the sky.
She shot up and ran to the edge. She sat on the railing and smiled at the sky.
"It's so... breathtaking."
"Why do you like the stars so much?"
She looked at me then back at the sky.
"It's just so... wonderful. There's so much space and wonder in the sky. And at night when you see things from millions of miles away shining down, it just makes you so hopeful. And how much up there is that we don't know." She sighed and continued to stare at the sky. She soon jumped and turned.
"Look!! A shooting star!"
I got up and saw it fly by.
"Make a wish!" She said excitedly as she tapped on my shoulder.
I looked at her and smiled.
"I wish you'd realize how amazing you are." I say to her. She takes her eyes off the sky and looks at me.
"What?" She asks.
I took one of her hands that was gripping the rail.
"I wish that you would realise how amazing you are." She turned to me and looked at our conjoined hands.
She blushed and spoke.
"So I'm the person you like?"
"Yeah." I replied breathlessly.
She leaned in and kissed my cheek.
"I'm glad."
I was in shock.
She rested her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around us.
It was like all space and time had stopped.
She was so sweet and her hugs were even sweeter.
"Thank you for coming back." I spoke muffling my voice by her hair.
"I'm glad I did."