Shh... youre okay... im here

Warnings: slight sad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember that stupid stupid war? Well it's over and I was alive with Draco. He asked me out after the war, I knew he thought I was a badass after I sliced off the head of an ogre. I had slept in Draco's room every night for the past month because I had nowhere else to sleep and it was nice sleeping with someone who puts me at piece so easily.
I was sleeping peacefully, my mind wandering through sweet flower fields and marshmallow clouds or whatever you want to call a really good dreams.
I was thrown awake when something struck me in the stomach.
My torso jolted a flinch and I sat up.
I looked to see Draco's arms twitching on my waist.
I look over and his skin shines from the moonlight cascading on his dewy sweat. A tear fell down his now noticeably stressed face.
I turned to him and tried to lightly shake him awake.
He grunted in distress and I knew he was having a nightmare. His green sheets folded under his twitching body.
I shook him a little harder and his arm flew to the other scraping up hid forearm.
I looked to see a trickle of dark blood fall over his dark mark. He winced and whined in his sleep again and I shook him harder and harder.
Nothing seemed to work as he flailed.
He continued to claw at the permanently marked forearm and grunt.
Tears streamed down his face as he continued to stress.
I finally shook him hard enough and I screamed his name.
He rattled and flung up.
He hyperventilated heavier as he tried to calm himself.
"Baby??!" He called in the half dark.
"I'm here. I'm here!" I called grabbing onto his hand.
"Baby?" He asked again as he continued to find me in the dark.
He grabbed onto my body and I pulled him close to me.
"It's okay baby. I've got you."
"You... were gone..." he mumbled.
I shushed him and kept cradling him.
He was still sweating but the tears had stopped and were replaced with light sniffles.
My hand was covered in dark old blood that had curdled in between his forearm and my hand.
I sighed and wiped my hair away from my face.
I calmed him more and he stopped his sniffles.
"Come on. We should clean you up."
He nodded and got up from bed. He held onto his bleeding arm and walked to the bathroom with me.
He sat on the sink and I got out the first aid kit.
"So..." I started quietly "do you want to talk about it?" I looked up from my gaze at his wound.
He looked at me and looked to some far off point of the white ceiling and walls.
"Well. It was scary and sad." He looked down at his arm "I had a dream where we were back in the war."
My eyes widened at his opening statement.
"It was me, you and my parents. And my dad has retaliated against Voldemort." He gulped as he continued on. I patched up his wound and put a bandage around it. "We has just been left with Voldemort in the woods after the battle, after it was all over, and my dad has said no to a command. Voldemort cursed my fathers name and ended up using all three unforgivable curses. I had watched as my dad writhed in pain as he slowly died."
Draco's eyes started to full with tears. His lip quivered as he continued to talk about his dream.
"My mother had screamed and run to his body. She soon got electrocuted with the same three curses and when she died she fell on top of him." He looked down at his bandage.
"I'd never seen her eyes so lifeless." He shook his head.
My heart swelled with sympathy.
"And then you joined in." He looked at me and tears silently rushed out of his eyes.
"You tried to stop him. Called him names worse then everything he's done to everyone. You were in full rage mode like I've never seen. Spitting curses at him you ended up marking his skin with your anger. He then got so mad he instantly plowed you with the killing curse. You just... fell over. Right in front of me. And in that moment. I would hate myself forever for not standing by your side. For not stepping up. It's my fault." He looked down at his tattoo.
"I will always hate this thing." He spat at his mark.
"Wow Draco." I said stunned. I didn't know what to say.
I moved myself in between his legs -as he still sat on the sink- and hugged him around the waist as he hugged me back. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.
"I wish I knew what to say. I wish I had something more to give you then just my support but I can't change anything. I wish more then anything I was superhuman so I could take your bad dreams away but I can't. I'm sorry. But I'll always be here."
"It's okay y/n. I know. I know you're sorry but I just want you to be here. Just knowing you're here makes me happy."
"Good." I said nuzzling further into him.
His huffs depleted and he just held me as I sang to him softly. I cooed words into his ear and he seemed to calm down. After I while my eyes got heavy and I yawned.
"Okay, we should go to bed. We have to be up in the morning."
He nodded in agreement and he stood up.
He smirked at me and lifted me up.
"Come on." He said as he smiled and threw me into the bed.
He got in and cuddled close to me.
"Goodnight, gorgeous." He said as he sighed in content.
"Goodnight, my handsome prince."

Thank you to cutelittlesnowflake for another great idea!