Unexpected

"You ready for slughorns party?" Hermione asked me as I took out my dress from the closet. "Of course." I said to her. "Well get ready and let's go." She said already ready and pushed me into the bathroom to change. I walked out in a sliver sparkling dress. "Oh my godrick you look... incredible!" She said covering her mouth with her hands. "Thank you." I said spinning. "To bad you don't have a date." She said frowning. "Yeah." I said putting my hands in my hips. I thought of the one guy I wanted to be asked by or wanted to ask. Draco, we were somewhat friends. We'd talk and if help him when he needed it, but we'd argue most of the time we were together. I pushed the thought away. "Anyway, let's get going." I said patting her back. "Yeah." She said. We walked and she parted to walk in with her date, Cormac McLaggen. I sighed straightened out my dress and walked in.

I got multiple "you look amazing"s. I always responded with a polite thank you and walked further. I heard hermione a date get in trouble and Harry got called out too. I laughed slightly as how nothing could get past snape. Then we heard a loud crash and looked over to see flitch walk in with Draco at his side. "I caught a student on a upper level." He said. He'd rat out anybody he could. "Said he wasn't invited." "I was gonna sneak in." He said. "Well I'll lead him out immediately." Snape said in his totally monotonous voice and face expression. "Yes." Flitch said. But some thing came over me. As snape grabbed Draco I said "wait." I reached my arm out. "What is it, (l/n)?" Snape said unamused. "He's my date." I lied. "What?" They all asked, even Draco. "He wanted to go to the party so I asked him and he's my date, he didn't do anything bad." I lied more. "Is this true Draco?" Snape asked looking at him. I gave him the face of just say yes. "Yes sir, I'm her date." He said nodding. "Very well then." Snape said letting him go and shoving him towards me. Snape and flitch walked away. "Why'd you do that?" Draco asked. "Why not?" I retorted. "Because you'd never ask me." He spat. "How would you know that?" I asked angrily. "Because we are two different people and I thought you hated me." He shouted. "Well you thought wrong because in fact I've always fancied you!" I yelled. He stepped back in shock. "You what?" He asked. "Yeah. I have. So your welcome for saving you butt, and thanks a lot for ruining my night." I said sarcastically and walked out with tears on my face.

"Wait! (Y/n)! Wait!" I ignored him and walked faster.  I felt him grab my hand and I turned around and knocked my hand out of his. "Stop it!" I said crying harder. He grabbed my shoulders and I looked beside him so I didn't have to make eye contact with him. "Look at me." He said. I shook my head and kept looking away. "Look at me!" He shouted moving my head forcefully with his hand. I tried not to cry anymore as I looked at him. "What? What could you possibly want?" I asked shaking my head. "You. I want you." He said pulling me into him. He kissed the top of my head as I hugged him. As we parted I looked at him. He placed one hand on my cheek and I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch. I smiled as I felt his thumb move across my cheek.

"How have I never seen how amazing you are?" He asked whispering in my ear. "It just took you a while." I said smiling. We were centimeters apart, our lips occasionally brushed up against each other's. My heart was racing and again and again my heart would drop at how close we were. "Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked. "Yes." I whispered. We kissed passionately. He, for the first time, showed love and emotion. For me. "Draco." I said as our lips parted and I placed my hand on his chest. I looked down and looked back at him. "I can't believe I'm saying this but...." I looked down once more and back up once more "I love you." I said. "I love you too." He said placing his forehead softly on mine. "(Y/n)?" I heard hermione ask. Me and Draco separated quickly and both cleared our throats. "Do-do you fancy each other?" She asked. "Yes." I said. "When did this start? I would like to be informed." She said sobbily straightening her back and folding her arms. "First year when I stood up to him for Ron." I said.

~flashback~
"Harry Potter has come to hogwarts." Draco said snobbishly walking up to Harry. "I'm Malfoy, Draco... Malfoy." He said. Ron snorted and Draco shot him a look. "Think my names funny do you?" He looked back at Harry "you'll find out some wizarding families are better then others." He said. I was eves dropping and I couldn't take it anymore. I shot up and said "any family is better then yours Malfoy." He looked at me with a disgusted face. "Who are you I might ask?" He said in the same snobbish voice. "I'm a (l/n) if you must know, smartest of all houses." I said. "Oh is that right?" He asked. "Yes." I said confidently. "Very well then." He said backing down. I humphed as he walked away.

I smiled as I remembered what happened. "You never told me." She said angrily. "Cause I knew this is how you'd react." I said. "I'm not angry." She said untensing her body. "Good, because it's not your choice." I said. "I know." She said smiling. "I'm happy for you." She said walking away. She wasn't happy. I looked at him and laughed. "What's with you?" Draco asked smiling. "Nothing, just remembering how cute you were when you were a first year." I said laughing again. "Oh shut up." He said blushing. He put his arm around my shoulder as we walked back to the ballroom. It was just about over. We had a couple more dances before we had to leave. "I'll walk you back." He said. "Okay." We held hands as we made our way back. He stopped at my door. "See you tomorrow, (y/n)." He kissed my cheek and smiled and winked.

I smiled, bit my lip and walked into my room. I closed the door lightly. I turned to see hermione sitting on her bed. I smiled at her and walked to my bed changing before I hopped in. "So how was your night?" She asked. "Very good." I said smiling and blushing. There was a silence. "Okay well I'm going to bed." She said. "Okay, goodnight." I said as we both turned off our lights.