Nightmares

I felt the cold knife in my hand stab through skin. I stabbed uncontrollably in a blind rage. After my anger was gone I looked to see the damage. I looked at my dead bleeding out girlfriend. My eyes filled with terror as I looked to see what I just did. I had just murdered her. Her eyes were dead, no longer e/c but now a very dull grey or black almost. She lay there, lifeless and it was all my doing. What has come of me? I now look down and see the blood dripping from my hands and see the stains on my white shirt. I immediately hyperventilate and know that it was hers.

That's when I woke up.

I scream and shoot up from my now damp pillow. My bed sheets are damp too from the sweat. I swing my legs over and place my feet on the ground. I burry my head in my hands and start to cry. I ran to her room to make sure it was just a dream. I loudly opened the door and startled her awake. She saw me.

Your pov
I stare at Draco who looks like he just took a bath in all of his clothes, his eyes were blood shot and looked like he hasn't slept or he's been crying. "What's wrong baby?" I said sitting up as he sat next to me. He hyperventilated as he spoke "I -had a n-nightmare w-w-where I-i k-killed you and y-you were s-so lifeless and I-I-I looked at myself and saw your b-blood and I-I now h-hate myself." He cried on. "Baby." I sympathized.

I pulled him down with me. He now was laying on top of me listening to me heartbeat as I shushed him. I rubbed his cheek with my thumb and kissed his forehead. He just listened and hyperventilated. I continued to dish him and stroke his head. I messed with his hair. "I-i feel s-so bad!" He said. "Baby, it was a dream a figment of your imagination. It's not real in right here, I know you Draco, your not that person." I calmed him. "But like-" he started "no." I said interrupting him while shaking my head. He tried to speak but I cut him off and told him to just sleep. He peacefully fell asleep his mouth slightly open. I could hear his steady breath. He fell asleep in closing me in his arms. I pushed his hair back and smiled to myself admiring his soft perfect skin. I kissed his forehead. He seemed so at peace now. He does really love me.

He later told me every detail of the dream and I just listened. I stood there and hugged him as he wanted it. He sill felt bad for it even when I told him for the thirty seventh time that it was okay. He never really did get over that dream, still apologizes to the day. He always sees me as the woman he needs to protect and hold like a little porcelain doll. But I'm okay with being held. It's nice.

535 words