Little girls and big problems

"Dwaco!!! hiiiiiiiii!!!!" Y/n shouted and she ran towards me.
She jumped into my arms and smiled.
"Hi y/n." I groaned slightly
"You don't seem vewy  happy to see me. Are you okay?" She asked tilting her head, making her pig tails fall to the side.
She looked just like me, bleach blonde hair, grey eyes but hers were slightly more blue, and a BIG attitude.
"DWACO!!!! ANSWER MEEEE!!" She squealed.
"No I'm okay! And of course I'm happy to see you." I lied and she looked displeased.
She frowned and rolled her eyes.
"Okay well lets go find mommy okay?" I asked her.
"Okay." She jumped down and ran.
"Now where did aunt bellatrix go?"
Later she found her mom and was sent to daycare at the school, a program they just started and they allowed me hourly checkups to look after her.
After school the daycare ended and I was responsible for her well being.... great....
it's not that I don't  like her it's just.... okay yeah I don't like her... I just don't do well with kids.

I picked her up and took her back to my room which thank god I was alone in, I don't need everyone hawking over my baby cousin.
We sat and just played around. After a little I cast my patronus and let her play with the figure.
A white peacock, that was what it was. I smiled as she awed over it. She giggled and ran for it. I smirked unknowingly.
She stopped and asked me to come play with her. I said no politely and let her just play by herself.
I stared at her intently and just watched as she played freely, not scared about anything.
That's when I heard yelling. I shot up and looked at the door. The patronus faded as I glanced back.
"Dwaco who's yelling?" She asked with a finger in her mouth.
"I don't know."
The yelling grew louder. She flinched and said "it's hurting my ears!!"
I felt a sting in my heart.
I cast another patronus and let her play with it.
"Here. He'll keep you company, stay here, I'll go see what it's all about."
I walked and popped open the door. I closed it quietly and walked towards the sound of anger.
"You know she's gonna have to be turned over to me when she's sixteen."
"I know master but still! She's a little girl! Let her have her freedom."
"Bellatrix she has to start now! Start em while their young! Just. Like. Draco."
My heart stung again, what was that feeling? Are they talking about y/n? They are NOT taking her! Not while im alive.

I marched back to my room and sat on the floor with y/n.
"Mommy?" She asked putting her finger in her mouth.
"Yep, Mom will be here soon." I smiled.
I heard a knock on the door and I froze. They were coming to take her.
"Mommy?" She asked again.
"Shhhhh. No no no. Stay quiet!" I said to her as I covered her mouth.
She wriggled and writhed to get out of my grasp bit luckily I was a lot stronger then her. The footsteps soon dissipated.
"Whew." I sigh.
"Phew!" She said and flopped on the floor copying me.
I smirked and shook my head.
Drama queen I mocked in my head.
"Come on! Let's go to the kitchen." I picked her up and ran to the kitchen where we hid out so auntie couldn't take her.
I was thinking deeply when I was hit with pressure on my knee.
"Ouch!" I said and looked down. Y/n looked up at me with her big e/c eyes and smiled.
"Dwaco twy this!" She said holding out a bowl of... something... I didn't want to be rude so I picked it from her hands and grabbed a spoon. I took a little onto the spoon and ate it.
"Yum!" I said while she was looking. She turned and ran back.
Ew what the hell was in that?! That was the most disgusting thing I've ever had!
She ran back and asked me if I wanted more. I couldn't say anything rude, I mean, come on, look at her shimmering eyes. She's so cute!
Wait.... I didn't say that! I can NOT let people know I think a baby is cute, no way! But.....
Maybe just this once....
I can let it slide.
I hopped off the counter and onto the floor and let her sit in my lap.
"Hiiii Dwaco!" She giggled and put her finger in her mouth.
"Hi y/n." I smiled back.
"DRACO! ARE YOU IN HERE??!" I heard bellatrix yell.
Shit. I said in my head being mindful of the chil- I mean mindful of bellatrix hearing me. We hid in a cabinet and y/n was confused.
I mouthed a shush and she listened. She gripped onto my left pant leg and quietly breathed.
Bellatrix scoped out the place and as soon as she left I let out a big huff.
"We need to get you out of here, and by out of here I mean OUT out of here."
I picked her up and we walked out to my room. I packed as much of my things and then packed what I had of hers. She didn't need toys as she adored my spells. So I could fit more clothes and food.
When I was done I picked her up. She knew I was sad and kissed my forehead. I looked at her with my wrinkled brow and she smiled.
"It'll be okay." She said.
She somehow knew what I was thinking.
"It'll be okay and you know why?" She asked smirking.
"Why's that?" I asked readjusting her on my hip.
We walked through the corridor as this conversation carried and as I made it to the door she said "it'll be okay because I love you." She hugged my head and I buried my head into her tiny body.
I'll protect you. Even if it kills me. And that didn't have to be a secret, because maybe,
Just this once,
I'll let my ego slide.