Date?

"Oh my gosh I'm so late!" I say finishing my fishtail hairstyle after I looked at the clock. I got up and walked listening to the ruffling of my dress. I finished my makeup really quick and ran down to the ballroom. I burst open the doors and the music stops and everyone looks at me. I then snap into my properness and lightly walk down the staircase. Everyone's mumbling probably bad things.

I see one person in particular, Draco Malfoy, he wasn't wearing a mask as assigned. My mask was black with matching green lace overtop. I walk towards the only familiar face I knew and asked him to dance. This was the only point where I'd have enough courage to ask anyone to dance. He agreed and we walked out to the dance floor. People seemed to separate and just watch us as we danced. Draco spun me durning the last twenty seconds of the song. My dress twirled out from under me and the sparkles on it glittered from the lights. Everyone gasped at it. The song ended and I dizzily stopped and laughed with Draco. "Come." He says taking my hand. We walk outside and sit on a concrete bench inside a small maze like garden.

"So tell me, where'd you learn to dance like that mysterious one." He asks ever so jokingly. I then didn't care if he knew who I was so I told him "my father used to be obsessed with dancing, he'd take me and my mother out just to dance. It reminds me of him." I said looking at the stars. "And, why did you ask me of all people?" "I saw your face, it was the most recognizable. After all it is a masquerade ball." I say smirking. "Ah yeah I don't do things that cover my beautiful face." He joked. I giggled and looked at him. He seemed to notice my eyes, I had very sharp y/c eyes. "Tell me who you are." He seemed to ask and demanded at the same time. I didn't speak but took off my mask that held my bravery inside. His eyes went wide and looked at me. "Y/n??" He asked. "Hey." I blushed. "H-Hey." He whispered back. "I'm sorry if I ruined your night." I say looking down. "How could you have ruined it? In fact you've made it better." He said slightly putting his fingers on mine as they sit there on the concrete bench beside us. I look at our hands and slide mine more between his fingers. "You know what?" Draco asked me smiling. "Come here." He said standing up.

I gave him my other hand and we started dancing alone. We just focused on each other. We could still hear the music from inside. I smiled at him as we stood close to each other. It's like he has a crush on me. "Will you go on a date with me y/n?" He said straightforwardly. "Yes." I simply answered, blushing. The moonlight didn't help hide my blush as Draco leaned in. I pulled back before we kissed. "Is something wrong?" He asked. "No its just, I want to save my first kiss for when it's right." I say smiling. "Okay then." He contently said. We just swayed back and forth to the music with each other. I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on me. The song finished and I knew I should get to bed. "I should go." I say releasing him. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow for our date right?" He asks watching me walk away. "Yes tomorrow." I said smiling.

I walked off and flopped down on my bed when I got back. I squealed as my dorm mate walked in. "Well someone's happy." She said. "Yeah just about." I say getting up and dancing by myself around the room. "Do you have a boyfriend now or?" She asked wanting more answers. "Oh maybe, but for validation you might want to ask the Slytherin prince." I say smiling. "You're dating Draco??!" She asked excitedly. "Yes!" I said giggling. "Dangggg, get it gurl!" She said. "I know." I agreed. "Well I'm going to bed, goodnight Slytherin princess." She mocked. "Night." I said getting into bed. I fell asleep with hopeful dreams and wishes.

728 words