Cold winters, harsh words

I was out walking. Taking my mind off of an argument that Draco and I just had. He cold wind nipped at my cheeks that weren't submerged in my scarf. I could feel all the melted snow soak into my boots. I breathed out and saw the visible breath. The snow started to pick up. It was so bad I couldn't see. I slipped in ice and fell. I hit my head and saw nothing but black. White tuned to black. Cold turned to warm. Chaos turned to calm.

*Flashback*
"Get out!" Draco screamed. "Fine! Be that way!" I threw my hands up and slammed the door as I left. We had previously fought about how I indecisive he was and how he could be a brat sometimes. He seemed to take nothing of it and just turn on me like a wild wolf. Leaving was a mistake.
*End flashback*

Now I lay alone. Unconscious and seemingly dead in the snow that bites me and turns my skin purple. I was unknowingly passed out. Nobody to come save me, nobody to call for help. My cold body lays there, getting covered in snow and ice. Harsh winds mimicked words he's said to me. Then I wake up. I shiver and brush snow off of me. "Help." I squeak out. Barely any noise leaves my throat to call out and save me. I feel trapped like I'm in an endless nightmare and there is no escape. "Help!" I try harder. "Help" I try once more and then I see a light. "Help." I said again. "Who is it?" The light asks. "Y/n?? What are you doing out here?" Harry asks. "Help." I could only say. He picks me up and feels how cold I am. "We need to get back now!" He said trudging through the snow.

We finally make it back to the castle and he rushes me to the common room. He sets me down on the leather couch and rushes to grab blankets and pillows to cover me and constrict in what little body heat I had left. He heated up the fire and made me a hot cocoa. "Here," he said hading it to me and sitting on the edge of the couch "how you feeling?" He asked. "I'm okay. Thank you." I praised. "It's okay. So why didn't your jerk boyfriend save you?" He asked nonchalantly. "He's the reason I was out there. We got into an argument and so I ran out and ended up passing out and waking up." I said wrapping more blankets around me. "Well that's upsetting." He said. That's when Draco walked downstairs and saw Harry in the Slytherin common room. "What do you think you're doing in here?" He said angrily. "Saving your half frozen girlfriend you prick." He retorted back. "What?" He asked confused. Harry pointed to the ball of blankets which inclosed me in them. Draco ran to me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry." He said seeing how purple I had turned. He looked like he was going to cry. And right in front of Harry? That's how you know Draco loves you. I jumped and hugged him back tight. "I never want to argue again." He said. "Me too." I said. He was shaking from the shock. He picked me up and carried me to the hospital wing.

"Well, she does have severe frostbite but she does seem okay other then that. I think the cocoa and blankets leveled out her temperature very well so good job potter. But I would have liked her to walk more gets the blood flowing. So Draco next time let her be the big girl she is and walk." She said. "Thank you." Harry smirked at Draco and Draco rolled his eyes. Draco and Harry both said thank you. "Feel better y/n." Harry said before leaving. "Thanks." I simply replied. When they all left Draco laid on top of me on the hospital bed. He pushed himself up, he looked at me. Just studding me. His necklace hung down. He kissed me passionately. "I'm so sorry I didn't shelter you. I'm sorry I made you leave, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you or hold you or be the one to save you. I feel like I've failed you as I supposed to be loving boyfriend." Draco said still not getting off of me. "I know. I love you too." I yawned. "Go to sleep sweetheart. I'll see you tomorrow." He said kissing my forehead after he got off of the bed. I closed my eyes and snuggled into the blankets. "Goodnight baby. I love you my snow angel." He whispered as he left. I fell asleep within seconds, going into a deep sleep.

I woke up with no feeling in my fingers. That was where the frostbite hit the worst. My toes were all better but my fingers were pretty bad still. I sit up and looked over at the bedside table that was taken up with a tray. It held waffles and toast along with water, milk, and orange juice. There was a tiny card that said.

Dear y/n,
Here is a nice breakfast. Hope you enjoy.
Love Draco

I smiled and set the card down as i grabbed a piece of toast. This is the one thing Draco was good at, cooking. I smiled as the perfectly buttered toast melted on my tongue. I finished up breakfast and put on my gloves. I got out of bed and walked down the corridor to the dining hall. I was disobeying the rules by doing this. I walked to Draco and sat down. I kissed him on the cheek as he looked blankly across the room sadly. "Hey." I said grabbing his hand as he looked over. "Hey." He said smiling at me. "How'yer hands?" He asked. "Fine. They don't hurt, but I guess that's cause I can't feel them." I scoffed. He looked down again, sad and upset. "You okay?" I asked, "just upset, with myself." He said. "Why's that baby?" I asked him. "Because It's my fault this happened." He said lightly holding up my glove incased hands. "Draco, I already said, it's okay!" I said smiling. "But it's not!" He shouted. "It's not okay." He said quietly, looking down. I took one of my hands and lifted up his chin. "Baby, if I was mad, you'd know it. But do I look like I'm mad?" I asked. He shook his head. He kissed me passionately and hugged me after. I whispered in his ear "the only thing mad about me is my love for you. I'm madly in love with a blonde haired, grey eyed boy who's stature is to die for and his looks to kill for." I said. He smiled and I smiled back looking into those eyes that I fell in love with the first day we met.

1160 words