The tree

Key
(Fn/I) first name initial
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sniffled in as I crunched the tissue in my hand. I placed my head in the twisted tree. I periodically inhaled. I squeezed my eyes shut. I felt a hot tear roll down my face. This tree was my mom. Well...a representation of my mom. She died when I was five. I was now seventeen. Twelve years and I'm still crying. Everyday after school I sneak out and sit under the tree. I hear my moms whispers in the wind and I feel her in the bark that I sit up against.  But I'd never say it out loud because then I'd be viewed as crazy. I sniffled in once more and let my (h/c) hair fall over my face and shoulders as I let my head hang. I heard a twig snap and I jumped.

"Who's there?" I ask. I get up and I'm kneeling. Nothing but another twig snapping. "I said, who's there?" I shouted. Once more a twig snapped. I jumped into the tree to escape possible danger. I saw a flick of a silver speck in the darkness of the weeping willow. "Come out." I said jumping out of the tree and walking over to the willow where I saw the fleck. I pushed back the leaves and I felt someone tackle me. I knew who it was instantly. "Draco get off." I said the slightest bit annoyed. "Sorry." He said getting off and brushing his white button up off. I stood up and walked over to the tree. "So you ever gonna tell me why you cry every day here?" He asked as we walked over and sat down by the tree. "Like I said, you'd think I'm crazy." I said throwing my head back onto the tree. He placed his hand on top of mine. "I'm not gonna think your crazy." He said quietly. He smiled and I smiled back not moving my head but moving my eyes to see him. "Is it because your already crazy and I can't top you?" I asked smirking and raising an eyebrow. "You are such a jerk." He said picking me up and running over to the little pond. "Draco I swear to godrick if you throw me in I will summon the water fairies!" I said.

He laughed and set me down lightly my bare feet ever so softly touching the mossy covered floor. "You know I wouldn't do that." He said smiling and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know." I said messing with his hair. "Your outfit looks cute." He said smiling. "Thanks. It was my moms." I said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, revealing my sort of elf ears. "You're so cute." He said putting one of his big hands on the side of my face. "I know." I said tilting my head and looking in the right upper corner of my eyes. "Dork." He said backing up. "I know." I said mimicking what I had just done moments before. He just snorted and rolled his eyes. "Hey! Come look at this!" Draco said as I was inspecting the Lilies. I pressed my hands on my legs and stood up. "What is it?" I asked throwing my (h/c) up and walking over, feeling the soft ever green and healthy grass under my feet. "Look!" He said pointing to a sparkling ring in the tree. "Hmm." I said tilting my head and looking at Draco as he climbed into the tree to retrieve it. He hopped back down. "Here." He said handing it to me. I picked it up out of my palm and looked at it in the light.

"It's beautiful." I said putting it on. "Hey, let me do something." Draco said. He tapped the willow tree and a couple frogs came out. He whispered something to them and they leaped into the water. They came back out and started their own song. "How'd you do that?" I asked laughing. "Magic." He said side smiling. "Come here." He said holding out his hand as he was standing a couple feet away from me. Birds closed off the light in the willow and then fireflies lit up the inside. "This is so cool." I said looking up at all the lighting bugs. I looked back down at Draco who seemed to be mesmerized by me. We both leaned in slowly. He pushed hair behind me and placed his soft lips on mine. When we parted I hugged him as we swayed. "You know your a total hopeless romantic right?" I said into his neck. "I know. But it's nice." He said kissing my head.

There was a short silence until Draco spoke again "are you ever going to tell me why you cry?" "Do you really want to know." I asked. "Yes." He said quietly. "Come on then." I said grabbing his hand and walking out of the willow. I walked to the back of the tree that I sit at and touch the engraving. "(Fn/i)+ d." Draco whispered. "Who is this?" He asked. "Me and my mom. D stands for Delia." I said. "It could also be me and you." He added. I smiled at this. "Yeah, I guess it could." I said touching it lightly once more. "So this is why you cry? Cause your mom carved into a tree?" He asked stupidly. "No! My mother is dead!" I said crying. "My mom died when I was 5. And I still cry, and I didn't want to tell you because I'm a baby and I feel like she's with me when I am here." I said sadly. Draco pulled me to him for a tight loving hug, I could feel love radiating off of him. "Your not crazy (y/n)." He said shutting his eyes tight. "Thanks." I said. We just stood there, hugging being with each other. Cause that's all we had, each other.

>>>>>>>>
Draco's pov
And now, I am the one who sits under the tree and listens to the wind. Feeling and hearing my wife. The woman who loved so dearly. My wife and her mother, they both protect me. I'm twenty seven and I miss her more then ever. Today would have been our 10 year anniversary. So I carved our initials into the tree right under her and her moms.
    ____           _____
/                \ /.                 \
|           (Fn/I) + D.          |
\        (Fn/I) + D.M.     /
    \.                               /
       \         <3            /
          \                    /
             \              /
                \        /
                   \  /