Firestones and firehearts

Requested by aryastark64

"Would you like to go to the ball with me?" My dream boy asked as he held out a hand.
I blushed in awe and said yes as I grabbed his hand and stood up from my table to be enveloped in his arms.

I smiled as I remembered that night as I got ready. I hummed my favorite song called firestone. No one else seemed to enjoy it when I talk about it but that's okay. I guess that just makes it more special to me.
I finish up getting ready and I throw on my dress. I lot at myself in the mirror and smile. There's no way he could pass me up tonight. I thought as I smirked.

I walked out of my dorm and down the long corridors to find my date smiling at me. I walk up to him and look into his eyes.
"Wow... you look beautiful." He said calmly.
I blush and reply with a compliment to him.
We walk in slowly and everyone's heads turn to us.
We dance for a while but then he excused himself for no reason.
Does he have to go to the bathroom? Is he thirsty? Did he forget something?
I couldn't help but wonder. So I walk out and see him against the wall with another girl.
My heart seemed to shatter in two that very moment. My dream guy broke my heart and we weren't even dating. I ran. I didn't know where I just ran. I bumped into someone and apologized and moved away quickly.
They grabbed my wrist and spun me back to them. I looked up and saw that it was my bully. Draco Malfoy.  But he didn't look mean. He looked sympathetic. He then pulled me into a hug. I didn't know what to do. Do I hug him back?? I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head into his chest.
"I know how it feels to get left." He said stroking my head.
I back up from him and I puts a calloused hand on my cheek and wiped away my tears.
"Cheer up." He said pushing my chin up lightly with his finger and thumb.
I smiled and he smirked back.
"Come. I'll make you smile even more." He held out a hand and I looked at him.
"You can trust me." He continued. I took it and his eyes sparkled with excitement.
He lead me out the doors of the castle and to the lake.
"Here!" He said handing me pants a shirt a pair of boots and a jacket.
I take them and he looks at me.
"Excuse you?" I say
"What?" He replies.
"Turn around!" I say twirling my finger.
He sighs and turns away from me. I slip off my dress and feel the cold wind hit my skin, but it was soon cut off at the feeling of the clothes he handed me.
"Okay." I said when I was done getting dressed, indicating that I was dressed and that he could turn back around. I threw up my hair and he took my hand again.
"What is it with you and leading me places my taking my hand?" I say.
"Who knows!"
He pulls me onto the ice and we twirl around and mess around for about half an hour. My hands start to get cold and I can hear them change the song inside.
Firestone by Kygo started playing (play song) and I looked at him.
He smiled and I smile back.
"You love this song?" He asks.
"Of course!" I reply.
"I love it too!"
I walk closer to him and blow warm air in my hands.
He comes closer and presses his body to mine.
"I'll keep you warm." He says as he wraps his arms around me. We just sway side to side.
We just let the music envelope us as we dance.
"Ya know, a couple of hours ago you wouldn't even imagine of doing this." I say, my speech muffled by my face in his chest.
"I know. But I don't regret anything." He said resting his head on mine.
I blushed to myself and closed my eyes.
"Hey. Is it crazy to say that I love you?"
"Uh, it's crazy to hear that from my bully, yes." I say with my eyes still closed and our arms still around each other.
"Ya know the only reason I always bullied you was because it was the only time I'd get to see you and I guess I'm not the best at communicating feelings."
"Ya think??" I ask pulling away from him.
"Yeah. I guess I'm not the best." He said rubbing the back of his neck.
We both laughed after an awkward silence and spun around on the ice.
We were both out of breath when the dance ended.
We both walked back to our separate dorms and he dropped me off at mine.
"I had... a wonderful time.... thank you." I said still out of breath.
"I had a great time too." He replied smirking.
Dang. I wish he'd kiss me.
I look up at his face that was getting closer to mine. His lips brushed my cheek and kissed my cheek lightly.
"Goodnight, y/n." He says as he walks away
"G-good-goodnight." I stutter as he walks out of view. I blush and walk through my door.
What would have I done if he actually kissed me!!?

Draco's pov
I wanted to kiss her in that moment but I knew we'd have many more moments and I'd have many more opportunities to actually give her the kiss she deserves. I love her.
It's weird to say it but I do
I love y/n....