Peculiar children

"Draco take (y/n) to the field please. And try not to explode anything." Narcissa said as we ran out. "Come on (y/n)!" He ran. I was getting tired. "Draco! I can't slow down!" I said. He stopped and waited for me to catch up to him. I wasn't the fastest eleven year old that's for sure. Draco looked at me with his soft face. "Umm are you okay?" Draco asked worried. "Yeah why?" I ask. "You're turning Green." I looked down at my hands. I forgot what mother told me.

"Draco I have to go inside." I said running back. "What why?" He asked. "It's nothing." As soon as I entered the house it went away. This is why I never went outside. "What is wrong with you?" My mother asked. "Are you insane?" She said pulling me close to the tv. "I'm sorry I forgot!" I said. "Can someone please explain what's going on?" Draco asked. "Draco come here." I said. He came over and sat down. "What is it?" Draco asked. "Go get that plant." I said and he got it and handed it to me. I place my hand on the soil bed and my hand turned spindly and green and my fingers sunk into the soil like a trees roots. "Woah. Cool!" He said.

I laughed and pulled my hand out and the roots turned to fingers again. Draco grabbed my hand and carefully studied it. "How'd you do that?" He asked. "I was born with it." I said. "But people think I'm a freak so I have to stay inside. "I don't think you're a freak." Draco said. "That's because you're my best friend." I said. "No, id still like you." He said. "Thanks Draco." I said hugging him.

>>>>
"Thank you." Draco said hugging me as we waited to bored our last ever hogwarts express ride home. Needless to say, Niagara Falls had nothing in me that day. "Goodbye Draco." I said hugging his 6'4 frame. "Never forget me okay?" He asked. "How could I? You're my best friend." I said. We heard the train whistle and Draco walked onto the train. "Goodbye!" I shouted. "Bye! Write me!!" He said as the train left. "I will!!" I shouted. "I love you." I whispered knowing he'll never hear me. But somehow, at that exact same time, Draco said I love you back.

400 words