Coping in love

Request from DracoDeservedBetter

~~~~~~
I was waking with my boyfriend Cedric, holding his firm -somewhat calloused from the first tri wizard tournament task- hand and talking freely and happily with him. I knew he wasn't listening to me probably lost deep in thought about the second task which was meer minutes away. I decided to not be bummed about it and look at the bright side. He gave me a weak smile giving me the sure signs that he wasn't listening. No matter though, I walked through the tent and dropped of Cedric for the second task which I was sure he'd survive. He was a good swimmer.

I smiled and kissed his cheek as we parted. I headed to the stands and sat down next to Draco as it was the only seat left. I blew warm air into my hands and cheered as his name was called. Draco spoke to me "Hey you're Cedric's girl right?"
"Yeah. Charlotte."
"Nice to meet you charlotte. How long?"
"Two years."
"Wow, that's a while."
"Yeah, I love him." I smiled and watched as he dove into the water gliding along the surface. I told you he was a good swimmer. Many minutes passed and our first competitor was up couldn't see who it was. Lastly Harry and Cedric came out and I ran to him. I threw a blanket over his shivering wet body. "You did great!" I said he smiled and hugged me. "You're so warm." He laughed. I laughed back and he let go of me. We got the results and Harry and Cedric tied.

Couple weeks later the third task was at hand and I was actually nervous this time. I don't know why. I wasn't nervous for the other two. We walked together and I did the same as every other drop off for the tasks. Gave him a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye. But this time I hugged him. Tight. I was scared. I knew something was going to happen. I walked out of the area and to the stands. Many many minutes passed after the staring point. Minutes seemed like hours as they pulled at my curiosity. Suddenly a light came and Harry walked out with someone in his arms. Cedric. My heart plummeted and I ran to them. "NO!" I shrieked as I held him. He was dead, cold, lifeless. He was even paler now. "Who did this?? Who murdered my boyfriend?" I asked Harry.
"Voldemort." He simply replied.
"Now don't go making up lies Harry Potter! Tell me!"
"That's who it was!"
"We know that's not true! Now you can tell me or you can kiss our friendship goodbye!"
He stayed silent. Not saying a word.
"Fine then. If you can't tell me the truth then goodbye."
I walked away but heard Harry mumble something. "What?"
"I'm not telling lies!"
"Oh really? And where's your proof that  a DEAD wizard is back? HUH?"
He didn't answer but hung his head. "Exactly." I said quieter. I ran off and cried in frustration and sadness. I felt numb and nothing. I couldn't control it. Sobs were very noticeable. Everyone passed by my room quickly. Everyone but a blonde haired boy.

"Hey." He said quietly.
"Hey." I say back.
"I know you're sad and probably wanting to be alone, but maybe I can help?"
"Why do you care?"
"Because I know how it feels. My girlfriend died at fourteen."
I stood up and hugged his six foot stature with my average 5'7 -almost 5'8- self. He smiled and buried his head into my neck in my strawberry blonde hair. We parted and he looked at me. "We kind of have the same eyes." He said. "But yours are more beautiful." He smirked. "Thanks." I replied.

We spent a while together. Things seemed to be instantly better. How could he do this to me? It's like magic. I talked to him as he walked out of my room late that night. "Well I'll be up till midnight so if you need me come straight to my room."
"Okay," I complied "goodnight."
"Goodnight."
I closed the door slowly watching to see if he gets out Okay. He did and I changed and got into bed. I sighed and turned the lamp off and laid in darkness. I felt the empty spot of where Cedric once laid-pressed up against my back- holding me. I let tears fall silently as I thought more and more about him and how he's no longer here. I shot straight up and ran to Draco's room in my somewhat inappropriate shirt and short shorts.

I knocked on his door quietly and I heard footsteps inside walk towards the door. The door opened and he saw me. His eyes sparkled in happiness for a split second like he was in love. He let me in and I told him why I was there. He comforted me so easily it seemed strange. Love is weird. It was midnight and I should have been back in my bed but Draco convinced me to stay with him. He said it was because if I left and he was asleep he couldn't help me. I gave in and got into bed with him. I couldn't tell you how quickly I subconsciously fell in love with him. I didn't know it on the outside but my insides were controlling me now. I cuddled into him and he wrapped his arms around me. Cedric would never do this, he's say it's to intimate. I never did like that he wouldn't kiss me. But I can't blame him. He was just trying to be safe, but sometimes he was to safe. I sighed and closed my eyes. This seemed better. Maybe it was the coping talking. But he did help me. Maybe that's why I love him. Cause he cares. I didn't know, but what I do know is that I really like him and I hope me likes me.