New school new crush

"And this is your common room you will have a password to get in and I expect that you treat everyone with the respect they treat you with." Professor McGonnagall said as she entered what I assumed to be the Slytherin common room. "Do you have any questions?" She asked turning to me. "No I'm good." I said shaking my head. "Okay. Girls room is to the left and come see me if you have any questions." She said walking out. "Okay." I looked around my books in my hands and saw a bunch of people.

One of the Slytherin boys walked up to me. "Hey. Your the new kid aren't you?" I nodded my head. "Well then your going to be friends with my fists." He said snickering. I opened my mouth to speak and nobody expected to hear me say "I'd watch what you say. Just because I'm a girl or I look like a chew toy to you doesn't mean you can pick on me so back up." I said. He was appalled. "What? Can the little daddy's boy not fight back?" I mocked. "You don't know anything." He said. "I can tell a lot about you just by the two horrible minutes that I've been around you." I stated. "Like what?" He asked unimpressed.

"I can tell you get pushed around by someone of a higher status. I can tell you like to hide your feelings but really your crying. I can tell that you beat people up for the sake of getting your anger out. And I can tell that the only reason your 'so cool' is because you are forced to be some sort of image from your father." I said shocking him. "Told ya. Your an open book to me even if you didn't know it." I said not even trying to make a good first impression. "Ugh." A girl with brown hair said walking up to The boy and I, and commenting her disapproval of our argument openly. "Your such a weirdo." She said to me. "Oh so your the clingy type! I thought I'd never see one here!" I shot back at her. "Whatever!" She said walking away obviously annoyed but didn't want to start anything.

"So, can you tell me why your not afraid to say anything to anyone?" The boy asked me. "Because I believe that everyone has a voice and some people should speak up if it's good or bad." I said to him. "You know what, your smart." He said. "Well thank you." I said to him flipping my hair. He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy." He said holding out his hand. "A Malfoy huh? No wonder, blonde hair, Slytherin, kind of a jerk but pushed around by parents to be something your not. Makes sense." I said. "I'm (y/n)." I said shaking his hand. "What's your last name?" "(L/n)." I said plainly. "Pretty." He said letting go of my hand. "Thanks." I said blushing.

"So, I guess I have to be your friend now." He said putting his hands in his pockets. "You don't have to, everyone has their own feelings and just because I'm new and you met me doesn't mean you have to like me." I said. "Can you stop being so philosophical for one minute?" He joked. "Sorry, I grew up around and learning a lot of Philosophy." I said looking down. "It's okay." He said to me. " I should probably unpack." I said pointing to the door. "Okay, dinner in 5." He said as I walked upstairs. "Okay." I smiled and walked into the room where there were a couple more girls. "So your the girl who outwitted Draco." Said one of the girls she was blonde like me. Seems to be a thing in Slytherin.

"Um sure I guess. But I'm my opinion I'd more like to be known as Draco's friend. I think he's kind of cute." I said putting my stuff down at the open bed. "Your cute." They all said " to cute for Draco." They added. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "Draco would never like you. To quiet, and weird." Another girl, brown hair and a little chubbier said to me folding her arms. "So, how do you really know what he likes? What if your wrong?" I asked her folding my arms as well. "Never gonna happen." She said walking back to her bed. "Whatever." I huffed. "What's your issue?" They all asked. "Um I don't know but I believe it's like 3 things, all annoying, really get under my skin and.... oh look at that, I'm looking at them." I said packing my stuff back up and waking out. "Hey you okay?" Draco asked.

"Why do you care?" I asked rudely. "Because I'm your friend." He said. I sighed and placed my hand on my head. "I'm sorry Draco, I just had a little fight with the girls they were just saying how you'd never-" I stopped myself from rambling on forward. "How I'd never what?" He asked. "Nothing." I said. "No come on tell me." He said grabbing my upper arms and looking into my avoiding eyes. "How you'd never like me." I said still avoiding eye contact. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "Why would I ever like you?" He asked and I felt the tears start to form. "What's wrong?" He asked. "That's what I said, I asked what they meant, but now I get it. Of course you'd never like me." I said starting to walk away but was pulled back by him. "What are you talking about? Why would I not like you? And why does it matter if I like you or not?" He asked. "Because she likes you." I heard a voice say and knew it was one of the girls from my room. "What?" He asked them. "Yeah, little new girl has a crush." She said. I looked down and felt my face burning. "You like me?" I did nothing but bolt out of the room.

I shot up in a cold sweat in a somewhat dark room with the widow and curtains open. "Babe you okay?" I heard a groggy voice next to me and he touched my back as he sat up. I realized what was going on. "Yeah sorry I just had a dream of my first day." I said to him. "Oh, you remember that?" He said smiling. "How could I not? It's the day we first met. The day that we started dating and the day that I will always remember from now until I die." I said smiling. "Your so smart." He said putting one hand under my chin and lifting it. The moon outside was bright casting rays into our room. "I know." I said flipping my hair just like I did on the first day with the exact same boy. My Draco Malfoy.