Sadness

Quidditch was the best part of the day. The day where we get to fly around and enjoy being free. I grabbed the ball, we were playing against Slytherin. I saw a glint of a smile and I turned to see a pale boy with his blonde hair and green cloak flying behind him. I rolled my eyes and kept my focus on my goal.... literally. I almost let go of the ball when I felt someone ram into me and I heard a crack. I screamed in pain and fell off my broom. As I fell the many many feet I looked up to see who it was. Blonde hair, green cloak, glinting smile. Draco. Everything was in slow motion but then reality set in as I heard another crack and my breath was stolen. My hearing went high pitched and I saw double and fading.

I saw quidditch players from both my house and Slytherin hey off their brooms and run to me or stand there in shock. The one person I didn't see was him. He scored the point for his team either unaware or more likely just didn't care. He cheered for himself while everyone else was concerned for my broken body.

I coughed as I tried to catch my breath and I tried to push myself up. I stood up and was met by two tall strong ravenclaw boys who helped me to the infirmary. I limped on one leg that was okay to help the other ankle that was already swollen and bruised. "You okay mate?" Jacob LeGrange asked me. I nodded and inhaled sharply making a sound to match. "Oi, let's get you some help." He said shaking his head.

I was picked up and set down on a white bed. "Well, What seems to be the problem?" The nurse said. "Quidditch fall miss." Jacob said as I couldn't. "Oh well." She said putting her hands on her hips. "I'll be back." She said leaving to grab the medicine. She came back moments later with many potions. "Here." She said handing many proportions of potions. I took them all and cringed. "Yep they don't really have a good taste, I could have put into food but it wouldn't really work as well as I need it to." She said. I sighed and laid back on the bed. "Ugh I'm tired." I said. "Yep that's the side effect of the second potion and fifth potion." She said picking them up. I fell asleep immediately but I was only half asleep. I heard lots of voices

"Is She Okay?"
"She's fine."
"How bad is she hurt?"
"Pretty bad."
"How much and what did you give her?"
"About six different potions."
"Are they all Okay?"
"Yes, I wouldn't poison my students."
"Wow, I really must have hurt her."
"You pushed her off of a broom, in the process broke her rib when she hit the ground AFTER A 100 FOOT DROP she broke her left ankle, her arm and her left fourth rib."
"Oh my god! I feel so bad."

And that's the first and only time I'll ever hear Draco have feelings. I woke up two days later to see Draco sitting in a chair across the room. I got up and felt completely fine. I walked over to Draco and saw who he was sitting next to. His mom. "You okay?" I ask. "No, my Mom is dead." He said sadly. So it wasn't the last I'd see him have feelings. I couldn't say anything to make him happy. I just stood him up and hugged him. He didn't do anything but I didn't let go, I kept hugging, knowing soon that he'd hug back, and he did. He cried into my shoulder and I just stood there. There is nothing better then someone just comforting you when you need it no accusations just love. That's what he needed in this moment, love. "I'm sorry." I say. He doesn't say anything back. I don't blame him. Although he was mean, I'm the stronger person here and I know how it feels to loose someone close to you. I close my eyes and just sit there. With him.

705 words