Love beats all odds

My ears rang. Dirt was smudged in my face as well as my clothes. Tearing in my clothes too. Cuts on my lip eyebrow hands legs and arms were visible. I was on topic someone. It felt like my safe place. I tried to push myself up with my noodle-like arms. They shook furiously as they tried to hold my weight. Tears filled my eyes so I couldn't see who I was laying with. I heard and explosion and I dropped down back onto the person and I buried my face into his neck. He took his hand and placed it over my neck and head. "Stay down." I heard a voice yell but I couldn't distinguish who as the ringing in my ears grew.

I didn't listen though. I pushed myself up again, this time I rolled off of him. Tears left my eyes clearing my vision. I looked at the setting blue sky. It was beautiful. I heard another explosion and someone jump on to me to protect me. It was him. They boy who never did anything except for what his father commanded. Draco Malfoy. He was screaming something at me but I couldn't hear him. My hearing went back into places and I heard his voice. "-have to get out of here, your gonna die! Get out! Go!" He shouted. I closed my eyes tightly as all the noise and lights of wands and explosions echoed and rang. "(Y/n)!" Draco said again. I opened my eyes. He was straddling me to protect me. "Go!" He said getting off of me.

I just shook my head I was too weak to get up. He looked around and saw a clear path. "Come on." He held his hand out and I tried to get up. He pulled me up and I soon realized that my leg was hurt. A big gash was down the entire side of my shin. I put one arm around his shoulders and we walked to the building. He set me down on the fallen stone wall that now acted as a seat. "Here. Let me help you." He said. He propped my leg up on his bent knee. "He lifted up my jean leg to inspect the gash. He touched the cut. "Ouch." I said flinching. "Sorry." He hummed and thought of an idea. He took off his robe and ripped the sleeve off. He tightly wrapped the sleeve onto my leg.

"There. That Should stop the bleeding." He said and helped me get up. I saw his face. His eyebrow had a cut and so did his lip and his hands were cut as well. "Come here." I said to him. He came closer to me. I took my sleeve and dipped it in the water bottle that we had stored in case this happened. I wiped his hands and eyebrow off. I ran the sleeve over his lip. I couldn't help but stare. He looked at me. "What?" He asked "nothing." I said and we heard an explosion. "Come on." We walked out my leg felt better already. "Avada kadavra!" "Crucio!" Spells were leaving my wand left and right. There were no more rules. It was now kill or be killed. We were on our sides when Voldemort pronounced Harry dead. He gave his whole speech which I expected, but what I didn't expect was for Draco to leave. He left me and his friends for the other side. He'd survive that way. It pains me to see him go but, id do it too.

It's about survival. Love can only take you so far. But In my case, love does take you more. "You know what?" I said stepping out as Voldemort talked. "Your pathetic. You so scared of the world that you want to take it over. You only destroy the people your enemies love. Because you yourself will never love it be loved, because of what your doing." I said standing out. My hands were at my sides and my wand was in one hand and the other was free. My hair was flowing and messy, face messy, clothes tattered and torn. Dirt pretty much covered me.

"O-ho. We have a feisty one now don't we?" He said looking at me. "Now who might you be?" He asked. "The one person who will take you down!" I said grasping my wand harder. "Is that so?" He asked. "Yes because unlike all deatheaters here, I have love, my friends and family love me." I said to him. "Love doesn't exist!" He said back. "Maybe for you it doesn't, but for me? God! Who knows why so many people love me." I stated. "But why don't we test your little theory?" I said raising my wand.

"Avada kadavra!" I shot a spell toward him which he backed up with one of his. We held our own for minutes which felt like hours. "Give up girl! Love is useless!" But I knew love wasn't useless. If love was useless then why would Draco, the Slytherin prince, jerk and bully of the school save me? "Never!" I said. I pushed harder making him stumble. I was growing weak. We've been at this for 10 minutes and I was starting to fade. "Keep it up!" Some of the girls shouted. "I need help. I can't hold it!" I said. "You have to! We can't help you." They said.

I screamed in pain as my arms were going numb and my legs were giving out. "Think of everyone you love! Keep strong! Fight for them!" I pushed and closed my eyes. Mom.... dad.... Harry.... Hermione.... Ron.... Ginny.... Luna..... Neville.... they all repeated in my head but the last person I thought of pushed me over the edge and gave me power ....Draco.... I screamed and over rid his spell. The pain hurt but it worked. It felt like a million needles shot through me. I hit him directly in the heart. I killed Voldemort. I collapsed to the ground as death eaters retreated. I hyperventilated trying to regain my strength but it didn't work. I held my arms at my chest as I lay there in the floor. Everyone rushed to me. "Is she okay?" "Is she alive?" "How'd she do that?" "She kept that spell up for a long time!" Everyone spoke. But someone pushed through the crowd.

Draco. I couldn't do anything but let him kneel to me and talk. "Hey. You'll be okay. Just calm down. Regain your strength." He said sitting me up. At looked at him dizzily. "Hey! look! Look at me!" He said. I regained strength and leaned into him. My lip cracked and started bleeding again. "Here." Draco said as we stood up. He held me against him. He wiped the blood off with his other sleeve that was still on his robe. "You know I did this to you first." I said smiling. "I know." He said looking at my lips. "I also did that first." I said looking at him. Then he crashed his lips onto mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he supported my back. We let go. "But I did that first." He said smiling. "Yes you did." I kissed him again earning ooo's from the crowd. "You know, your the one who helped me kill Voldemort. I thought of you when I killed him because love helps with everything. Love is so much stronger then anything. An the reason why it was you that I thought of when I killed him, is because, I love you." I said my speech as he still clung to me. "I love you too." He said smiling for the first time In forever. We kissed again and everyone either awed or ooo'd. I'd never train the place where we shared our fury I love you. It was magical. ;)

1320 words