29 - Eyes

Outside the Prince's living quarter, the servants were all flushed with heat. Never in their lives have their heard the Prince loud pleasured groans. They have only ever heard the Prince's women screams and moans – but the controlled and powerful man never made a sound. But now, it was clear that the Prince was utterly satisfied by his Wang Fei. In that moment, they understood that the concubines have lost their place in the Prince's bed.

The rumors of the young Prince with women were not false. The cold and dangerous man had only needed women to satisfy his needs. If they couldn't please him in bed, then they have no use for him. Over the years, so many women entered and were discarded. Many women had lost their lives for trying to gain a small part of his cold heart. None had ever succeeded. The Prince's servants knew better than anyone else how cold their master is. 

But for the past few months since Wang Fei arrived – or rather, since the Prince took one look her, they noticed the change. The Prince, who had always been calm despite his dangerous temper, was easily angered whenever Wang Fei is involved. Every time Wang Fei was around, the Prince's mood becomes unsteady. Most importantly, the Prince who didn't know the meaning of gentle, touch his Wang Fei like she was a rare treasure.

Everyone was dispensable. Wang Fei is indispensable.

At first they didn't understand why the unmovable Prince was captivated. Wang Fei's beauty wasn't as extraordinary as the Prince's concubines. She was sickly pale with ice-like skin. Her body was frail and her stature was small. There was no sexual allure to the Wang Fei.

She is pure.

There were no thoughts in her mind – good or bad. Her expression was always calm – always empty. She was quiet and rarely spoke, but the depth of her eyes held more meaning than words. Nothing reflects in those amber eyes. No desire. No greed. No sadness. No Joy.

Her beauty had been her eyes – unclouded and clear.

No one, but the Prince, was strong enough to look into those eyes.