113 - Why Her?

"Jian-ge!"

The palace maids and eunuchs had been trying to take Wu Ting back to her living quarters when they were suddenly thrown off balance by her fierce struggle. Up ahead was Prince Wu Jian walking along side Prince Hai Ran.

"Jian-ge!"

Before anyone could stop the young princess, she had already clung onto Prince Wu Jian's arm.

"Ting, what are you doing?"

Prince Hao Ran was startled at the sudden appearance of Wu Ting. Wu Jian, on the other hand, was scowling at the tight gripped the woman had on his robe. When he tried to pull his sleeve away, the woman held on even tighter and buried her teary face into his robe.

"Jian-ge! Please don't let them take Ting to Buxi. Please!"

Wu Jian's face darkened at Wu Ting refusal to let go of his arm and robe.

"Jian-ge, Ting only wants to be with you. Ting only wants to be Jian-ge's bride"

"Princess Wu Ting" Prince was in disbelief to see the normally dignified princess behaving so desperately. "Enough!"

Wu Ting cried more while she pushed Prince Hao Ran hands away from her. Unable to stand it anymore, Wu Jian shoved Wu Ting off. While he fixed his sleeves and robe, the palace maids quickly helped the crying Wu Ting off the ground. With a cold glare, Wu Jian warned them without words to keep tight hold of Wu Ting.

"Let go! How dare you! Let go! Jian-ge!"

"Take the princess back to her quarters and make sure to watch over her carefully" Prince Hao Ran ordered.

It was no secret what had happened when Princess Wu Ting was this emotional the last time she was at the Empress' palace.

"Jian-ge! Why won't you accept me? Why! Why her!"

Wu Jian had already walked away, but Wu Ting's excessive screaming irritated him.

"Why her?" Wu Jian turned and look at Wu Ting with disgust. "Let me ask you, why do I have to accept you? Why you?"

Stunned, Wu Ting's knees collapsed when Wu Jian left without a backward glance.

"Ting" Prince Hao Ran was clearly disappointed. "You're a Princess - a first ranked Princess of Wu Xi. Behave like one"

Prince Hao Ran turned to leave when he saw Madam Muyang running toward them.

"Ting-Ting!"

Madam Muyang saw the young Prince's disapproving expression as he walked passed her. Confused, she turned and saw her daughter's desolated expression.

"Ting-Ting"

Wu Ting collapsed in her mother's arms - her soul completely gone.

"Ting-Ting!"

Madam Muyang panicked scream run throughout the empty corridors.