72 - Don't Test Him

"Your Majesty"

Wu Ting voice was like a child whining as she watched hopelessly at the handsome Prince's disappearing back. The Empress patted her hand as if to comfort her.

"Empress" Emperor Huizhong expression remained calm. "You should know your grandson temperament. Do not test him like this again"

Empress Wenqian's heart sank. She knew the Emperor was scolding her. Meekly, she bowed and replied that she understood. While the Emperor walked away, the Crown Prince followed after him leaving the women to themselves.

"Your Majesty" Ting spoke up again. "What should we do? Will his majesty really bestow that horrible woman a title? If he does, Ting will not be able to marry_"

"Patience child" Empress Wenqian said gently. "His Majesty only said that to tempt Jian."

"Right" Ting's mother agreed. "There is no way his majesty will bestow that woman a title. Just look at Jian's behavior – it's due to her bad influence"

"Wu Jian behavior has always been so" The Crown Princess spoke up. "Empress Mother, should we not meet her first before we make any rash decision on her character"

"Aunty" Ting turned to the Crown Princess with a shocked expression, like she was betrayed.

"Ting" The Crown Princess soothed. "We know you love Jian, but we should think this through before it's unfixable"

"Crown Princess_" Ting mother even spoke up in surprise.

"Empress Mother" The Crown Princess took hold of the Empress' arm. "You raised Wu Jian and so know him best. From his character, do you think he could easily be tricked or persuade by anyone? Is Jian weak when it comes to women when he seen the best of the world?"

Hearing this logic, Empress Wenqian's brows furrowed.

"And knowing Wu Jian, would he choose a useless woman to be by his side – as his Wang Fei?"

"Aunty" Ting spoke out.

"Crown Princess, you cannot underestimate how easily a man can change when it comes to infatuation" Ting's mother spoke sternly. "That woman is a fox – seducing Wu Jian and influencing his behavior toward his family. Yes we all know Prince Jian is cold. But Prince Jian never disrespects the Empress before. For that woman, he had treat her majesty so coldly"

At the reminder, the Empress Wenqian scowled.

"If that woman was good, she would never deny the Empress' invitation. Instead, she had Prince Jian kill off all the Empress' guards"

"But we don't know if_"

"If it's not her, Jian-ge wouldn't kill the Empress' people" Ting cut in with tears. "If not her, Jian-ge wouldn't be so cold and cruel to Empress"

"That's enough" Empress Wenqian did not want to hear anymore bickering.

"Empress Mother_"

The Empress Dowager cut off the Crown Princess coldly and walked away with Ting and her mother's support.

"Crown Princess_"

The palace maids went to the Crown Princess with worries. Watching the Empress with the young princess, the Crown Princess could only shake her head quietly.