60 - The Palace

In the Palace that sat magnificently at the tip of the mountain, the Great Emperor Huizhong sat on the royal throne while he watched with amusement at the eager and happy sight of his son, daughters, and grandchildren. Everyone was looking at the entrance of the throne room - obviously waiting for someone.

"Why hasn't he arrived? Uncle, are you sure Jian-ge arrived to the capital?"

The young beautiful seventeen years old girl was pacing back and forward while her eyes kept looking at the entrance. Her uncle, the Crown Prince was standing nearby, chuckling at the sight of the her pacing anxiously.

"The guards informed me that Jian had gone through the capital gate this morning"

"Then why isn't he here already?" She said impatiently.

"Ting-Ting" The girl's mother said with a warm smile. "Prince Jian must be tired from the long trip and is probably freshening up at his estate before coming here"

"Jian-ge is not the type to care about his appearance. He wouldn't have stopped to freshen up"

"Ting, did you forget about his Wang Fei?" A young man behind the Crown Prince spoke with a teasing smile. "Jian probably stopped for his Wang Fei"

"That's even more impossible" Ting said confidently. "Jian-ge doesn't care for that woman. Jian-ge doesn't care for any of those harlots"

The young man chuckled at his cousin's confidence.

"Ting, aren't you overconfident? This is the first time Jian agreed to take a Wang Fei and done so in another country. He may truly dote on this woman"

"Impossible" Ting scowled. "That woman isn't truly Jian-ge's Wang Fei. He's only playing with her since he despise that Marquess Li. Hao Ran-ge, stop with your jokes"

Everyone laughed at the young woman's indignation. Initially, everyone had been surprised that Wu Jian married an official Wang Fei. No one had expected that the young man to impulsively marry some girl without checking first with his grandfather. But then again, Wu Jian had always done whatever he wanted. And his grandfather - Emperor Huizhong never said anything to contradict his favorite grandson's choice.