127 - Final Favor

Wu Ting woke up at the sight of her mother's teary face. In a daze, she watched as her mother frantically called for the royal physician.

"Her highness is well, this servant will prepare proper medication for the princess"

"You may go"

As Madam Muyang helped Wu Ting sit up, she noticed the Empress was sitting at the chaise nearby with her personal eunuch at her side.

"Your Majesty..."

The Empress had not left Wu Ting's living quarter since Wu Jian left. All this time, she waiting patiently for the Princess to wake up.

"Where is Jian-ge?"

Wu Ting first thought went to Wu Jian.

"Why are you still asking for him?" Madam Muyang asked sorrowfully. "He almost killed you"

"It's a mistake" Wu Ting shook her head frantically. "Mother, Jian-ge made a mistake."

Before Madam Muyang could stop her, Wu Ting already got off the bed and went to the Empress side. On her knees, she placed her hands on the Empress' lap with her wet eyes pleading.

"Your Majesty, please help Ting explain things to Jian-ge. Ting would never hurt anyone"

The Empress looked at Wu Ting in silence.

"Y_ Your Majesty" Wu Ting's shuttered at the sight of the Empress' stillness.

"Why did you sell your soul for an impossible love?"

The Empress' sudden question startled Wu Ting.

"Your Majesty? Ting doesn't understand_"

"The food you made have always filled people's heart with warmth... but you have use it as a weapon to kill... Ting, why?"

The Empress took her hands from Wu Ting's grasped.

"Y_ Your Majesty" Madam Muyang quickly went beside Wu Ting and took hold of the hem of the Empress' robe. "You must believe us. We would never do what Prince Wu Jian claimed! We never would_"

"Chihong Fenmian originate from Aping. Do you think this Empress does not know?"

Chills ran up their spine as the Empress slowly stood at the support of her eunuch.

"Y_ Your Majesty_"

Madam Muyang stopped when the Empress eyes look down at her with contempt. They both knew that Aping was where Madam Muyang was born and raised.

"Princess Jin Wu Ting, you are confined in your quarters until your departure to Buxi" The Empress then look at Madam Muyang. "Madam Muyang, you will be exile back to Aping - never to return to Wu Xi. Never to step foot in Buxi"

Madam Muyang's knees collapsed, while Wu Ting burst out in tears.

"Your Majesty!" Wu Ting grabbed hold of the Empress' arm, stopping her from leaving. "Please your Majesty. Ting cannot leave Wu Xi!"

The Empress coldly pulled away from Wu Ting.

"Your Majesty! Ting did everything for Jian-ge. She did it for Jian-ge. Your Majesty always love and favor Ting. Why can't she help Ting with her only wish?"

The Empress turned to the opened doors, not responding to Wu Ting pleading.

"Your Majesty! Wu Ting will kill herself if she is forced to leave Wu Xi! She rather die than to live without Jian-ge!"

"Keep close eyes on Princess Ting" The Empress simply ordered the palace maids and guards within Wu Ting's living quarter. "If anything happens to the Princess before she leaves, everyone here shall be punished by nine familial exterminations"

Everyone instantly went to their knees, trembling in horror.

"Your Majesty! Please_"

"I have always favor you Ting" The Empress did not turned back to look at Wu Ting. "Because of your father, I have placed many hopes and love on you... it may have been a mistake, but I will not regret the choices I've made."

The Empress turned to give Wu Ting and Madam Muyang one final look.

"Do not be blind in your deluded love for Jian any longer... This marriage is your last escape. This marriage is my final favor to you Ting"

Ignoring Wu Ting's painful cries, the Empress walked out with sorrowful eyes.