121 - It's Time

Wu Jian finally felt he could breath when Ruyi was able to walk again. Even though her pace was slow and her steps were unsteady, the tight grip on his heart loosen seeing her condition stabilizing. Even though there was no guarantee or prediction to Ruyi's lifespan, at least now, Wu Jian is able to ensure her comfort and safety.

He will keep her locked. He will hide her forever. It was the only way.

Nothing was more precious to him - nothing was more important to him than to be able to see Ruyi's eyes open each morning. He will spend the rest of his life making sure her eyes will always open to see him.

"Ruyi..."

Standing in front of Ruyi, Wu Jian watched as she held the baby in her arms. He waited until her amber eyes lifted from the baby to him before he bent to kiss the soft smiles on her lips.

"It's time that I head to the palace"

Ruyi look up at him with clear, unclouded eyes making him want to kiss her again.

"Will the Prince be long?"

Hearing her soft question, Wu Jian smiles gently.

"I won't be long..."

Once Wu Jian left the room, the gentle expression completely vanished. No emotion could be found as he stared into the darkness. Soon a dozen masked guards stepped out and bowed before him. No words were spoken when a guard stepped forward. He held out a sword with the handle facing Wu Jian. With cold eyes Wu Jian grabbed the handle and unsheathed the deadly weapon.

In the dark night with only the light of the full moon, Wu Jian's eyes turned blood red as he examine the sword in his hand. With a vicious grin, he strode off and disappear in the darkness. The masked shadows silently followed after him.