31 - Congee Soup

In the beautiful living quarter of Concubine Mei Lin, the stunning woman wore a beautiful golden yellow robe with trims of floral. Lying in the lounging chair, she looked like a beautiful princess in distress with one hand on her stomach. Her face was filled with sadness while the doctor was at her side, checking the pulse on her wrist. All the servants and maids stood nearby with deep concerns for their mistress.

"The Prince has arrived"

Instantly, everyone felt relieved. They were worried the Prince wouldn't come because of his cold nature. With his arrival, they realized their mistress was in his heart. If not, he wouldn't have left his Wang Fei to come see their mistress. Even if the Prince currently favors his Wang Fei, he had not forgotten about their beautiful mistress either.

"Darling..." Concubine Mei Lin's voice shook with emotions. "You came"

She had hope that the Prince would come to her and touch her cheek tenderly like how he touched that pale woman's cheek. Instead, the man casually sat in one of the wooden chairs. Everyone watched nervously when the Prince's personal servant poured him a cup of tea. The Prince didn't even spare Concubine Mei Lin a glance while he casually drink the cup of tea.

"Darling_"

"How far along?"

No one spoke as the air in the room begin to feel heavy. Concubine Mei Lin gave a sharp look to the doctor at her side.

"Duke Haijin_" The young doctor eyes flick nervously to the Prince.

"How far along" The Prince repeated, his voice still calm.

"2 m_ months"

That was around the last time Concubine Mei Lin warmth the Prince's bed.

"Umm" The Prince made a thoughtful sound as he sipped on his tea.

Again, there was that suffocating silence.

"Prepare the abortion medicine"

Everyone hearts dropped at the casually spoken words. The Prince truly was heartless.

"The child is yours" Concubine Mei Lin trembled.

The Prince laughed as if she said something truly funny.

"How can you be so cruel?" Her eyes begin to fill with tears

The Prince ignored her and gave his servant a look. Understanding the unspoken words, the servant bowed and quickly left the room. Everyone was shaking in fear while the Prince continued to drink his tea.

"I won't let you kill my child"

The Prince's brow rose with amusement, but he didn't say anything. Soon, the servant came back carrying a tray with a small bowl. After the Prince gave a nod, he went to Concubine Mei Lin with it.

"This..."

When Concubine Mei Lin saw the bowl, she was confused to see that it was just shark fin congee. The Prince often send a bowl of shark fin congee to her. She had always believe it was his way of showing affection to her.

"That is what I have all of you eat" The Prince's smile was coldly malice. "You have it more than others"

Concubine Mei Lin was confused until it suddenly hit her. In anger and pain, she pushed the tray out of her face. When the bowl shattered on the floor, everyone dropped to their knees.

"How could you do this to me? When_"

"There is no child" He disregard her completely while his sharp eyes went to the doctor. "Take him"

Two guards took hold of the doctor's arms and drag him to the Prince.

"Now" The Prince had set the cup of tea down lightly but everyone was scared out of their minds. "Let me ask you again, how far along is she?"

"2_ 2_ 2" The man shuttered in fear.

"Even when I gave you a chance to live" The Prince smirked. "Get rid of him"

The doctor begged for mercy and quickly confessed that there is no pregnancy. But it was already too late, the Prince never gave anyone second chances. With a flick of his hand, the guards dragged the terrified doctor out.

Concubine Mei Lin was stunned when she saw how the Prince completely disregarded her. She have been with him since she was seventeen. For three years, she had love him despite not having his heart. She controlled her emotions when she had to share him with others. Because he did not like women who cling to him, she had hid her dark emotions to please him.

"How disappointing" The Prince sighed with boredom

The Prince had always been both beautiful and frightening. Even now - even after everything, Concubine Mei Lin's heart still yearns for the beautiful cold man. She was still so desperate to have him. Why can't she have a small part of his heart? Staring at the Prince, her eyes glisten with tears filled with anger, hate, and love.

"Did you think because you've been with me the longest, you're different than the rest of them? Is that why you had the confidence to get me here when I'm with my Wang Fei?"

Each word he spoke was like a sharp blade - slicing mercilessly at her heart.