94 - He's Unwilling

After Ruyi fell asleep, Wu Jian carefully laid her back down onto the bed and called for the doctor.

"How is Wang Fei's condition?"

The doctor frowned while he felt Ruyi's pulse.

"Wang Fei has not taken the abortion medicine?"

Wu Jian sighed heavily as he sat on the bedside, taking hold of Ruyi's cold hand.

"She will not take it..."

The doctor did not speak further. Glancing at the lovely pale woman, he had guessed that she would refuse. The doctor was assigned by Wu Jian to personally care for his Wang Fei's health. No once did the doctor spoke to Ruyi, but he still understood the woman's character. The quiet, aloof woman was kind at heart. She would never abort the child even if it risked her life.

"Is there nothing else...?"

The doctor could see Wu Jian's affection for his Wang Fei. The demon Prince is only ever warm around Ruyi.

"The risk is too high" The doctor stressed. "The chances that the child will be born is low... And Wang Fei may_"

"You also said there were no chances of Ruyi having a child" Wu Jian snapped – his glaring accusingly at the doctor.

The doctor was speechless. Yes, Ruyi chances of having children are low, but he also warned that if she was to be pregnant, it would be harmful to her.

"Ruyi refused to abort..." Wu Jian closed his eyes tiredly. "Tell me what else can be done"

The doctor was quiet while he gathered his thoughts.

"Wang Fei cannot take her pain medicine. With her pregnancy, it'll risk the unborn child"

Wu Jian didn't respond while he put Ruyi's hand under the thick blanket.

"This servant instead will prepare a tonic..." The doctor spoke carefully. "But the tonic will be painful for Wang Fei"

"How painful?"

"The tonic needs to be cold. The colder, the better..."

Ruyi sensitivity to coldness is already high. Wu Jian understood that the tonic will make it more unbearable for Ruyi.

"How often does she need to take it?"

"Every three days..."

"Very well... Go prepare it" Wu Jian eyes flickered to the old doctor. "My Wang Fei and child will be in your care"

The doctor felt a deadly chill throughout his body. It was obvious that the demon Prince will be keeping close eyes on him. Mistake will not be allowed - even more now than ever.

Once the doctor is gone, Wu Jian laid down beside Ruyi. Looking at her peaceful expression as she slept, he gently touched her smooth cheek. As always, her skin was cold as ice.

"Ruyi... I'm unwilling... I'm unwilling... I'm unwilling..."

He brought his forehead to the side of her head and pressed his lips against her face. Holding her close, he felt his heart aching. No one had ever made him feel this anxious. No one had ever made him feel fear.

"I'm unwilling..."

He's unwilling to let her go.