133 - Congee Soup For Two

After the long night of passion, I woke to find the Prince holding Juyi. Sitting at the edge of the table, the Prince held the baby in his arm while feeding him milk. With a soft smile, I sat up to meet his soft gaze.

"Jumao" The Prince called once he was done feeding the baby.

The old woman stepped forward and held Juyi with a doting smile.

"The young master needs a bath" Jumao attention was all on the lovely baby.

"Yes, we can prepare the bath" Several maids had cluttered nearby Jumao in order to see the baby in her arms. "The young prince loves the scent of chrysanthemum. Should we make chrysanthemum tea bath for the little prince?"

When Juyi let out a sweet laugh, all the maids melted.

"Go on" Wu Jian smirked at the group of maids fondness toward the baby. "Everyone take your leave"

So everyone left, huddling around Jumao with Juyi protectively in her arms. Seeing how everyone adore my baby, I couldn't help but smile.

"Let's eat..." The Prince suddenly lifted me up in his arms. "You have not eaten much last night"

He brought me out to the connecting tea room where the table of food sat waiting for us.

"This..."

In front of me was a bowl of shark fin congee soup.

"Ruyi" The Prince took the bowl and carefully blow out the steam. "Don't be stubborn this time and eat"

My heart ached when the Prince brought the spoon to my lips.

"Jian..."

I didn't want to eat the congee soup. When the Prince suddenly brought the spoon to his mouth, I panicked and grabbed his arm. The Prince smiled before he brought the bowl to his lips and drank.

"Jian_"

"From now on, what Ruyi eats, Wu Jian will eat" The Prince stirred the remaining half of the soup.

"Jian... Ruyi will eat. Ruyi will eat. Jian doesn't need to eat"

How could I let the Prince consume poison?

"This won't kill us" The Prince spoke gently.

It will only end the Prince's lineage.

"You have already given me a son" The Prince smiled softly. "Juyi is enough"

When he held the spoon to my lips, I obediently ate. Once the bowl is empty, the Prince set it aside to hold me to his chest.

"Don't cry..."

I didn't know that tears had already fallen from my eyes.

"Ruyi, I cannot take any more risk. Please understand"

I nodded even while I buried my tears to his robe - my arms holding onto his back.

"Juyi is enough..."

I nodded again.

"Ruyi"

The Prince hand took hold of my chin and lifted my face up to look at him.

"Ruyi have made Jian hope... want... need..." He repeated the words I've once spoken. "This greed... let it be Wu Jian's only one..."

At the touch of his lips, my tears no longer fall.

"Wu Jian cannot lose Ruyi..."

How can you lose something you never have?

But when you do have something to lose, how far would one go to keep it?

I cannot lose Prince Wu Jian.

I cannot lose Juyi.

If the congee soup keeps the Prince at my side, I will eat it.

If the congee soup keeps me at Juyi's side, I will eat it.

That's how far I would go.

END