123 - Truth

"Prince Wu Jian!"

Wu Jian's sword struck and clashed with the Empress' personal guard. Instantly, his cold eyes met the intruder's.

"Y_ Your highness" The guard pulled back his sword and said nervously. "Her Majesty has arrived"

Not caring to face or greet the Empress, Wu Jian eyes went to the shell shocked Wu Ting.

"What's the meaning of this Prince Wu Jian? You haven't shown up for days and suddenly, I hear you forcing your way into an unwedded princess' private quarter? Have you completely disregard the laws here in Wu Xi?"

Her angry questions were met with silence.

"Your Majesty, please help us"

In tears, Madam Muyang pulled Wu Ting to the Empress side where several dozen guards in golden and silver armors stood.

"Your Majesty, if you did not come in time, I'm afraid Prince Wu Jian would have wrongly murdered Ting-Ting. It's fine if this old woman dies, but Ting-Ting still have a bright future"

Madam Muyang cried fiercely while the Empress expression grew angrier at the sight of Wu Jian's back. Even now, the young man refused to face her.

"Prince Wu Jian, to dare come into the inner palace with weapons in hand. Men! Seize the prince and throw him in prison"

It was the first time the Empress gave such an order against her favorite grandson. Everyone was stunned.

"Y_ your Majesty don't!" Wu Ting begged. "Jian-ge made a mistake. He misunderstood Ting and so_"

"You don't need to speak for him!" The Empress scold. "What are you waiting for, take him!"

No one dared to make a move startling the Empress. When Wu Jian suddenly laughs, the Empress froze. Slowly, he turned and casually handed off his sword to one of his masked guards. The Empress had been so angry that she hadn't noticed the twelve masked men presence until now. Deadly quiet while they seamlessly blend into the background until their Prince was threatened.

Even if the Empress had more people on her side, one of Wu Jian's guards could easily kill them all. And because her guards knew this, no one dared to touch the Prince.

"C_ Completely outrageous!" The Empress pointed at Wu Jian. "In the end, what did you come here for?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Wu Jian's laughter did not reach his eyes. "I came for revenge"

"You_"

"Your Majesty was the one to raise this Wu Jian, so her Majesty should know if this Prince bares a grudge, no one can stop him from seeking retribution"

Wu Jian eyes went from the Empress to the trembling Wu Ting and Madam Muyang.

"If you dared to act against my Wang Fei, you dared to received Wu Jian's vengeance"

"This is about your Wang Fei?" The Empress was stunned. "You came here, ready to kill innocent lives for a misfortunate incident? For that Li Ruyi, you blind yourself to reason! To the truth!"

"That Li Ruyi..." Wu Jian eyes grew empty as he looked at the Empress, his grandmother. "So the Empress wants the truth"

Glancing at his guard, the man quickly stepped forward and handed the Empress a scroll.

"What is this?"

The Empress did not make any move to take the scroll from the masked guard.

"The truth" Wu Jian ridiculed. "Your most favored princess is nothing but an animal in human skin."