37 - Duke Haijin's Wang Fei

The Prince got off the carriage first before he helped me down. With the carriage so high and me so short, the Prince had to lift me down from it. As soon as the Prince set me to my feet, I heard several gasp nearby. Looking up, there were several people looking at me. 

Do I look strange?

"Are you cold?"

The Prince's question had me look up at him. When he touched my neck, I realized he was checking my temperature.

"Ruyi is well"

Hearing my soft answer, the Prince took my hand and led me through the palace gates, ignoring all the stares. I figured the Prince was use to people staring at him. With his status and his good looks, it was only normal for people to stop and stare. As for me, I could care less if they're looking or not. I have grown use to the frightened and shocked stares.

"Who is that?"

Everywhere Duke Haijin went people always take notice of him. But it wasn't the handsome man that everyone was noticing; it was the woman beside him – Duke Haijin's Wang Fei.

She was dressed in a jade green silk dress that hung low on her shoulder. The sleeves were long, covering the tip of her fingers. The skirt of the dress barely touched the ground, giving glimpses of the gold embroidery shoes. Her soft long hair was braided loosely into a knot, exposing her neck. The only accessory she wore was the dangling earrings that stop just above her bare shoulders. In the center of her forehead, a small gold flower was drawn to highlight the stunning color of her amber eyes.

Duke Haijin held his Wang Fei's small hand and guided her to the main platform where the Empress Dowager and the Emperor sat. Everyone eyes were locked on Duke Haijin's Wang Fei, following her quiet movements. It was strangely mesmerizing. The Duke stride was confident and strong while his Wang Fei's steps were light and soft. Regardless of the differences, their steps matched harmoniously.