62 - With or Without Your Decree

Once everyone left the throne hall, Wu Jian walked back down the steps.

"Bring in the chests"

The soldiers brought in the ten treasure chests filled with solid gold bars.

"It seems that young emperor is doing well"

The Crown Prince indifferently waved for the soldiers to carry the chests back out.

"I've allowed you to help him the last 5 years" Emperor Huizhong smirked, knowing what the gold was for. "This will not buy him anymore time. If he can't stabilize his country, he is not fit to rule"

Wu Jian looked at his grandfather without any reaction. He had expected the statement from the intelligent old man.

"Yes, it's time you take your place back in Wu Xi where you belong Jian" The Crown Prince said with a smile. "Your family is here"

"If that is all, Wu Jian will take his leave" Wu Jian's expression was unreadable as he cupped his fist toward Emperor Huizhong and the Crown Prince.

Just when Wu Jian turned to leave, Emperor Huizhong spoke out with a grin.

"When will you bring your Wang Fei for your grandfather to see? If I were to bestow a title to your Wang Fei, should I at least see if she's fit for it?"

"Fit or not" Wu Jian did not bother to turned and face his grandfather, the Emperor. "Ruyi will be my Princess with or without your decree"

He strode off without looking back.

"Is Jian truly smitten by this girl" The Crown Prince was surprised. "From Jian's temperament, rarely does anything catch his attention, and if by some miracle something does, he gets bored of it quick"

The Crown Prince looked up at his royal father to see his usual relaxed stance. With his elbow on the arm of dragon throne, he set cheek to his fist while an unreadable smile spread on his face. Emperor Huizhong was still looking at the entrance where Wu Jian had just left.

"Jian wants to hide his Wang Fei" Emperor Huizhong smiled like he found his grandson cute instead of scary like the rest of the world. "I didn't think he could be possessive"

The Crown Prince was amazed by his royal father's comment. Wu Jian – the heartless Prince is possessive? Of a woman? That was unheard of.

"I'm curious..." Emperor Huizhong chuckled softly. "How is Prince Wu Jian's Wang Fei like?"

The Crown Prince silently asked the same question.