131 - Love

It's hard not to notice when the Prince is upset. The air around him is always heavier when he's angry. The deep scowl on his face is clear indication of his mood.

"Why aren't you eating?"

How can I eat with the Prince's sour temper?

"Jian... Juyi needs his great grandparents..."

The Prince slammed his fist on the table, causing everyone to go to their knees.

"Jian_"

"Don't"

I could see the Prince fist tightening. He wasn't looking at me. I knew he was angry because of my action - my words toward the Emperor and Empress. The Prince had kept me inside the estate - inside our room ever since our son's birth. He had refused all the gifts sent to us. He had refused the Empress request to see our son. But I went against his will and accepted the Emperor and Empress gifts. I have asked that they accept Juyi into their family.

"Jian... Ruyi doesn't know how much time she has left" I reached to hold his arm. "Once she's gone_"

"Don't speak nonsense" He grabbed me, holding me to his chest as he shouted angrily.

"Jian... Ruyi just want Juyi safe and happy..."

There is no way for anyone to know when the poison inside me will end my life. My precious son - all I want is to make sure when I'm gone, he will be protected and loved by everyone.

"I can protect you both"

I trust the Prince's words more than he realized.

"Ruyi knows..."

His arms tightened around me.

"Jian... Ruyi is willing to stay here with Jian, forever..."

I am willing to stay hidden in the Prince's estate.

"But please... Let Juyi free"

I don't need to be acknowledge by anyone. From the beginning, I never like to deal with people. I am fine if the Prince and my son are the only people I ever see.

"Ruyi, do you hate me?"

Smiling softly, I lifted to kiss his jaw. The Prince had cared for me to this great extent. How could my heart not accept him?

"Ruyi will never hate the Prince"