99 - Overbearing Prince

Wu Jian managed to keep Ruyi hidden within the estate for the next six months. Each passing day, his heart grew heavy and anxious. Hovering over Ruyi and fiercely guard her like a lion, ready to bite anyone heads off if he or she comes to close. Wu Jian ordered the Black Masks soldiers to shadow Ruyi whenever he had to leave for court. Only a few maids handpicked by Jumao were ever allowed to be near Ruyi.

There was zero tolerance for mistake. While everyone was happy that their Prince has an heir, there were terrified when doing their duties concerning the Wang Fei. Food, drinks, and medicines were all double checked before given to Wang Fei. Baths are carefully kept at a warm temperature for her. Whenever Wang Fei naps, silence must be kept. If the Wang Fei is reading, any disturbance will results in punishment. While Wang Fei was not a difficult person to serve, everyone feared the Prince's overbearing feelings for her.

Fortunately, Ruyi doesn't seem to be bothered by Wu Jian's excessive orders. Funny enough, the woman remained oblivious. Whatever the Prince wanted or ordered, the aloof woman simply went along with them. Even when the Prince is scolding her, the quiet woman stayed calm and unaffected.

"Ruyi! Why did you carry those scrolls? Get those useless servants to do it!"

"Ruyi! I told you not to walk to the study. There is a carriage for you to take whenever you want to go out!"

"Ruyi! Why did you not eat on time today? If you skip your meals again, I'll lock away all your books!"

"Ruyi! Why aren't you resting more? Are there too much noise disturbing your rest?"

"Ruyi! Why are you eating so little? Jumao, get more lotus root soup for Wang Fei"

Even though Ruyi had gain a healthy weight, Wu Jian was still worried constantly. At the slight change of her complexion, he would call for the doctor. And because of his excessive calls, the doctor now became a live-in doctor.

"Check my Wang Fei's condition"

The doctor, of course, knew better than to question the overbearing Prince's commands and check Ruyi's pulse for the fifth time that day.

"Wang Fei's condition is well"

The Prince then motioned with his hand, letting everyone know they could leave.

"It's already late. You should get your rest"

The sun barely set and Ruyi was forced to lay down in bed with the Prince right behind her. With her head on his arm, Ruyi lay still while the Prince rubbed her round stomach. His soft gentle touch makes her fall asleep every time.