128 - Daffodil

On the first day of the month, Prince Wu Ting was placed inside a grand red carriage. Wearing the phoenix crown and fiery red gown, she sat emotionlessly while sound of horns and drums blare all around her. On the streets, the people of Wu Xi stood watching with smiles on their faces while the large bridal carriage passed through. All the young maiden watched with great envy at the beautiful bride in her carriage while her handsome groom on his white horse escorted her back to his country to be his Crown Princess.

"Jian-ge..."

In the bride's hand, she held a single daffodil.

"Jian-ge..."

Behind the red veil, no one could see her expression.

"Jian-ge..."

The sun was shining beautifully down on her. There was no one in the world that did not believe the Princess Jin Wu Ting of Wu Xi is the luckiest woman alive. To be born with love, everyone believed her life is filled with happiness. Grace by the heaven with beauty and talents, everyone believed that she will be treasure in Buxi.

"Princess!"

No one would ever expect the bride to run.

"Princess!"

The wind lifted the bride's red veil, exposing the tears running down her desolated eyes.

"Princess!"

At the edge of the mountain, Princess Wu Ting could see from the far distance the mansion sitting on the edge of the cliff. All her life, her heart yearned for the master of that mansion. Madness. Desperation. Resentment. Everything she had done, she had done it for love.

What else could she do when she already sold her soul?

Eyes closed, she did the only thing to escape from the reality.

At the edge of the mountain, the red veil fluttered down the dark depthless cliff. A single daffodil flower lay against the dirt earth.