125 - Empress Choice

"No! Jian-ge!"

Wu Ting did not want to hear the royal physician's explanation on Chihong Fenmian. In tears, she ran to Wu Jian, pleading to him in tears.

"Jian-ge, Ting is innocent. She didn't hurt anyone. Please don't misunderstand Ting"

Silent rage took over and with one hand, Wu Jian grabbed hold of her neck - pulling her away from his arm.

"Ting-Ting!" Madam Muyang screamed as she ran to save her daughter.

With wide eyes, Wu Ting clung onto the arm and hand that was gripping tightly around her neck. Madam Muyang ran to save her daughter but was stop by the masked guard before she could touch Wu Jian.

"Your majesty!" Madam Muyang went to her knees. "Please save Ting-Ting! We would never do something so horrendous as Prince Jian claims. Please your Majesty!"

Tearful eyes stared into empty gray eyes. Wu Ting couldn't speak as Wu Jian easily lifted her to her toes with his grip on her neck.

"That's enough! Prince Wu Jian!"

Gray eyes flickered to the Empress to see both guilt and anger on her face.

"Let her go"

"If I don't"

"Why must you take Ting's life? Your Wang Fei lived, did she not?"

Anger burst within Wu Jian as he tightened his hold on Wu Ting's neck, causing the woman to lose consciousness.

"Please your highness!" Madam Muyang cried out as she bang her head onto the floor. "Please don't kill Ting-Ting! Please, she's innocent! We're innocent!"

"Let her go!" The Empress screamed.

Wu Jian let go, dropping Wu Ting body like trash.

"Ting-Ting!"

The Empress watched as Madam Muyang rushed to the unconscious young woman and held onto her, crying sadly. The bruised around Wu Ting's neck was evident.

"Jian, why must you_"

"Do not speak my name. From this moment on, I am longer Wu Xi Prince. I am no longer your grandson"

The Empress' heart shattered at Wu Jian's detached, cold eyes. Her voice stuck inside her chest as Wu Jian unhook the medallion from his belt and dropped it to his feet. Wu Jian walked out passed her, no longer acknowledging anyone. The Empress was stunned at the sight of the gold medallion on the ground - the same medallion she gave Wu Jian at his birth to signified his status as Wu Xi's Prince. The medallion was her token of love for her grandson.

Despite the truth she held tightly in her hand, the Empress still chose Princess Wu Ting. She knew her grandson's affection for his Wang Fei. She witnessed it so many time. In the end, she completely underestimated the depth of Wu Jian's feelings for Li Ruyi.

Her grandson had abandon everything for one Li Ruyi. Just like she had abandoned her grandson for one Wu Ting.