-Prologue-

Once, a long time ago, on a planet covered almost entirely covered in water and smaller island clusters.... A goddess created a giant continent.

It got named 'Gens in terra' by the people, meaning 'nation's land,' why? Because nations of different kinds took refuge on the vast continent, racing to explore the new land available.

It was full of trees and rivers, animals and resources to use, much easier to live on than islands... The perfect place to call home.

As centuries passed, each race had taken control over the available islands and parts of this newer land... but soon, everyone wanted more places to spread out to, and an inevitable war exploded between the people as none was willing to back down. 

Those who didn't wish to fight ran away, seen as traitors, and together, they created a new and free nation in the middle of the continent where the war hadn't reached yet.
People could only pray to their creator by many names that something or someone would be sent to end the war and bring peace.

The watchful deity didn't see this with a good eye; seeing her children drop like flies under each other's claws, magic, flames, and fangs, she decided it was time for her to make a move, and a big one at that.

One faithful day, a lone wolf was making his way to the peace-promising heaven he heard off when his ears caught a sound, something really familiar to him: the cries of a baby.

He ran over, ready for anything to save the baby by pure instinct... Only to stop, astonished at the scene in front of him. It was indeed a baby, but nature itself came to help the little being.

Trees roots reached out from the ground and formed into a protective cocoon around the baby's tiny body, leaves pulled away to let the sunlight fall upon the child, the grass growing tall and dense under the child to make them rest softly, birds, rabbits, wild cats and deer watching the crying baby but none moved to approach.

As he got close, the animals pulled to the side even more, and so did the trees, opening the way to him. As he got closer, a phantom form of the world's most beautiful woman was starting to be drawn out in thin air.

He couldn't bring himself to talk; the woman was fazing through ground and plants as if she really wasn't present, but he could feel the power radiating from her as she kneeled at the baby's side.

He slowly got down to his knees too, noticing the baby couldn't see said spectral woman keeping a watchful eye on her. he calmly and gently touched the baby girl's face, brushing his rough hand through the short yet present soft pale red hair on her head.

The baby quickly calmed down at the more physical touch than the spectral one.

"You are the one chosen."

He looked around, fearful, that powerful female voice echoing around him with no clear origin. He looked back at the ghostly woman in wonder. Was it her? It could only have been her.

"Oh beautiful stranger, might I humbly ask for your name?" he respectfully asked, knowing more than to offend the woman before him.

"I go by many names, each have their own image of me, each their own beliefs, but all are my children I look over, for your people, you howl to the moon in my name and honor when the full moon shines high and bright in the dark sky covered with its starry cape."

He bowed his head at her words. To his people, said woman was called the moon goddess, the creator of all life in the world, from the smallest to biggest, and the one guiding the wolves down their destined path.

"Raise your head, child of wolf. You are not to bow to me on this important day as you will carry a heavy burden from now on that I will give you if ready. Do you feel yourself up for such a task?"

"Anything the moon goddess asks from me is worth more than my life to accomplish."

"Very well, do you see this child before you?" he nodded politely. "she's a child with tremendous powers sealed in her little body; she is to bring an end to the war that is killing my children on this land, but it's completely up to her how she will achieve said peace, by becoming their guide under my name or leaving a trail of destruction in her wake that no one could ever see coming and might lead to the end of everything... you are to be her guide as she grows up, teaching her good and bad, justice and injustice, friendship and betrayal... her destiny is hers to walk alone, so... when she is ready, I ask you for your faith and give your life up to me."

"Your wish is my command, moon goddess. I will teach her all I know."

"I ask you not to reveal her origins before the time is right and she's ready to bear the weight of such power and knowledge. Her true nature will also be in a deep sleep until it's time, as she will be raised as a wolf person. I gifted her with a powerful beast that will be there by her side through her life and death if it comes to it."

"Very well, moon goddess."

"What do you wish to name your child?"

The wolf man stared at the peaceful sleeping face of the child who was to decide the world's future and for whom he would give his life when the time came.

"Amata."

"Amata... the child named Beloved... now, take the child and go on your way, child of wolf."

He picked up the baby and bundled her up in a cloth piece to keep her warm for the voyage, bowed again, leaving as he was told.

He glanced over his shoulder, but everything had gone back to normal: tree roots back in the ground, leaves in place covering the hole, grass was gone, and animals were nowhere. Nothing was left to prove what happened a few instances before.

He looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms before taking up his travel where he had left it off, only with something more important than his own life in his arms.