-13-

Amata's POV:

I groaned when I woke up, my face stinging like hell and also felt like hell... Well, only half of me felt like that, the other half feeling like it was in contact with a soft bed.

I heard someone shuffling around the room as I opened my eyes... Well, eye, my vision was blurry at first but it cleared soon enough after a few blinks.

"Wh... Where am I?" I looked around, trying to identify where I was.

 Where am I?" I looked around, trying to identify where I was

"Back at the manor, the royal master bedroom." I looked to my side to see Harmonia sitting on a chair with her arms crossed over her chest as if she had been waiting for a while. "You were out for two days only so that you don't ask." She answered my unspoken question, making me nod and touch my face to feel the bandages on it. Oh yeah, the claw swipe that almost took my eye. Other parts of my body hurt, too, but my face was the worst... Luckily, my eye wasn't damaged in the fight.

I don't feel bad or shocked for killing him. He deserved in plus, in my eyes, he was no different than a deer or boar I'd kill with father.

"When can I leave this room?"

"When the doc says you can."

"And who is the doc?"

"... There isn't one, really. I needed to take care of you with Custos since everyone else either wanted you dead or fears you."... I didn't ask who this Custos was. I'll meet them later on for sure.

"So the people are divided... Can I leave this room?"

"Fine but careful, you look around my age, and going up to that asshole of a father was straining on your body... And it did seem like you never fought as a wolf before and only won on pure instinct." She looked at me, waiting for me to deny her, but I didn't. She face palmed and muttered something about me being a kid.

"I'm 17, almost 18, so no, not a kid, just a young adult with no experience in that field."

"Well, you might be older by ONE year, but that doesn't change shit if I have more brains than you." I rolled my eyes and got out of the bed, feeling the different bandage layers on my body shift a little to accommodate my movements. "It's rare for a wolf to enchant their clothing around here." She said while standing up to follow my lead, probably to be ready to help in case I couldn't stand.

"I came here from the rogue town."

"Oh, in the werelands, that place is referred to as the traitors' den." I looked out a window to see an empty town below. Damn, this must be the third floor to be this far up, if not maybe even the fourth floor, if there is one... But I should be able to see people.

"Where is everyone?" Choosing to ignore the hurtful name of my hometown for now.

"In their houses... You'll need to meet with the council and decide what you'll keep and change from the old laws."

"What?"

"Did you forget killing the king meant taking the throne? Yeah, you forgot, didn't you?"

"Fo you blame me?"

"No... Come on, I'll show you to the throne room."

"You know," I said, staring out the windows as I followed her. "I only came here because of a promise made on my father's grave and said if I failed to kill the king, I'd give my life to the goddess."

"Damn." She seemed surprised. "You know, I had heard the stories floating around of a bloodthirsty half-wolf demon that ended the lives of a huge amount of men, killing almost all, if not all, from the two armies that they appeared near... I only believed it when I saw it with my own eyes... How did you do that? It's cool." 

"I have no idea, no seriously, so don't ask. I really don't know. I had just seen my father fall over in what I thought was already death, and I blacked out. I woke up standing in between the bodies with this strange form, looking as if I had started to change but stopped halfway there."

"Damn... It's still cool, but you know that now stories will spread through this and the other kingdoms?"

"I know very well, but I did expect that to happen a little later in time."

"Anyhow, we are here." She stopped, pointing to a door. "You'll find the council in there. I'll wait back in the bedroom since we'll need to change out your bandages unless you want an infection." I nodded and walked past her to the door. "Oh, and!"

"Yes?" I turned around, I felt her hands grab my face, and before I could register what had happened, she kissed me on the lips and always backed away. I stood there in shock with wide eyes. She giggled as she looked at my face and backed away.

"Just a little thank you for getting rid of that man. Custos is to meet you later today. See you later." Her cheeks were a deep red, and my whole face must be red too since she hurried away with a smile on her own. I shook my head after she was gone and tilted my head to the side.

"The daughter... Of the man... I just murdered... Just... Kissed me?" I said to myself with a raised eyebrow. It seemed so strange I needed to pinch myself, but unfortunately, I was wide awake and confused.

I shook off the feeling and opened the door, going inside to meet this council, my mind still stuck on what happened a few seconds ago despite my best efforts to forget.