-65-

Custos' pov:

I sat alone in the room right now, I had gone first to talk with the leader, kinda forced to say all of the plan and why Amata wanted to do this and now it was Aura's turn and no idea where Fortis is.

They questioned each of us alone so to be sure we each said the same things to be sure we aren't spies, the real leader was actually a tailor named Sartor that hid the entrance to these tunnels in his shop and all that were part of this group had actually been notified to gather to ready for war that might come depending on what Amata will tell us when she's back.

I sighed, I missed Amata already, I was laying on the bed on my side, I had with the bundled up egg hugged against me with an arm and the other under my head. I smiled as the little dragon's answers were a much healthier whistle compared to before, I didn't fear for the hatchlings life anymore.

I thought back to the time in the elvish capital in those hanging tree homes, I had heard Amata singing to the egg and I gotta say her voice is really pretty... I guess the litter dragon likes songs... I carefully looked around me to be sure I was alone and started whispering softly.

Trembling within the breeze, I can feel my soul is shaking 
Even with a single blow, everything that is comes undone
Using every ounce of strength, just keep myself from breaking    
I can only watch you walk... By...

Holding on to everything, even when my body shatters 
I will never let you pass even when my tears run dry
Beating with our hearts as one, everyone I know is praying 
I will strike you down do or... Die...

I heard a soft sound, almost like a bird's chirp, I smiled softly.

"Well you are the second being that complimented my singing even if I do actually suck." I chuckled softly, talking to the egg like I heard Amata so many times. I sighed softly... Amata when will you be back?

Amata's pov:

I just sat there and Gloria and I stared at each other.

"What?" She asked softly.

"Lupus, a big woodcutter looking man, he was a fighter in the army of wolves before leaving to the middle of the continent 18 years ago because he had a wife and a son that misfortune befell making him leave, gruff but still smooth voice with brown hair and eyes and a beard, only wearing pants, good with a bow and daggers, can turn in a big brown wolf with a white muzzle and white paws."

"That is Lupus... How is he? Is he still cunning? Does he still peal pears before eating them? Has he taken care of his obsession with cow's meat?" She sent an avalanche of questions my way but I remained silent, tears still falling as I faced the ground.

"I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"L-Lupus... He has passed a few months ago." The other people chatted between themselves but a heavy silence fell over Gloria and I, seemingly drowning out everything else.

"What now?"

"We went out to hunt to our favorite place but the front lines of the vampire vs were&elf war had moved up to there... He pushed me out of the way and took three arrows for me, dying after tell me who I really was." She was also crying now, covering her face in her hands. "I had promised on his grave to kill the wolf king as the arrows were wolf arrows, so I set out and became queen before leaving to continue on as it is my destiny he told me about... I'm so sorry, if only I wasn't stuck like a statue he'd be alive still, it's all my fault..." She said nothing for a while.

"Yes... Yes, it is and I do blame you but..." That 'but' made me stare at her. "How do I say this? Deep in my heart you aren't to blame as he chose your life over his, as you said he was your father after all, I too would go down to save Ferox... What I mean I can see your side of the story just as well as the other too but I will not lie and say I forgive you right now."

"Yeah, I somewhat understand and I don't blame you for blaming me since I know it is my fault and it's not even just because of something like 'oh no look at me I'm a victim I wish for someone to comfort me' that I try to look like some would but this is genuinely my fault, even if it's not me that lead the war, if I didn't space out then he'd be here."

"I do agree."

"Can we still be on a sort of... Friend level? I mean you have all right to hate me I know but we need to work together as long as we are locked in this place, you can get angry outside."

"I accept your plan and who knows maybe by then I could somewhat forgive you."

"Yeah... Though I have one question... He left his home land because he thought you both died, that was the undertone when he said misfortune and didn't hide that that's what he meant by it."

"We were near the front lines but not too much, I am a trained doctor and my son here helped me out and you know how called upon medics are in a war... Our regiment was attacked in the night and taken prisoner before reinforcements could come, no one knows where we are since it's been such a long time."

"18 years."

"Yeah."

------------------------------------

I started to think about a plan of getting us out of here and was constantly thinking, my bow wasn't with my other stuff from the glances I had in the room when it was opened and I was now also working as a slave, I could run away with my powers but all these people... I wouldn't leave them here... Surely not Ferox and Gloria... Who technically are family since even if not by blood but I was her husband's daughter... I was cleaning a big window bay when we got called to the throne room, god I'm covered in dust and grime but I was still the cleanest of all the slaves.

I stood in line with all the ten slaves let out of the prison for cleaning and next to Ferox who was still wearing my coat I gave him, surprisingly he was not as hurt as his mother was by the truth as he was quite young... Like really young so he had not a lot of memories of dad and even took up the habit of calling me sis in s few days, despite me not being able to call him my brother... Not for now at least...

"One of your scums dared to break one of my vases, denounce yourself and you'll be punished severely but if not all shall get punished!!" The queen annoyingly yelled, I heard she became like this after the death of her husband and daughter in the war, losing her mind and becoming warped beyond helping.

No one stepped forwards in fear as my eyes slowly scanned over the people and stopping on a really young girl two persons away from me, she was shaking a little and looking really scared but trying to hide it, I only saw as I was quickly turning my elvish powers on and off with my face facing down so no one saw what I did as I searched for the culprit... But now that I found who broke the vase.

She was about to say something, admitting she did it.

"I did." But I beat her to it.