-81-

Amata's pov:

I smiled softly at the chirping of the birds.

We had packed up a few hours ago and were ready to leave.

"Well it was good to see you again, don't forget what I taught you alright?" I ruffled Harmonia's hair. "And next time I see you I want you to have that special someone by your side."

"I'll try, now our kingdom is at peace and soon the whole world will be." She smiled at me like I did. he brothers were waiting a bit further back, we will never get along because of our history but I was still happy they healed from their injuries.

"Dux make sure the council is righteous alright? Or I'll come back and kick your vampire asses again." I fist bumped the man who was the friend of Sartor, the man that helped all of this happen and fell on my battle field.

"I will, Sartor would want just that." I patted his shoulder. I looked at everyone chatting and saying goodbye, Aura to her parents and Custos to Harmonia as they were friends in the past... I went up to whom could be seen as MY family.

"Well, I will miss you two." I smiled softly, passing a finger on Viridi's head, it was rolled up around my neck like yesterday.

"I'll miss you too Amata." Ferox patted my head a bit harshly but I didn't complain as I fixed my pony tail.

"So where will you go now that you are free?" I asked.

"I think we will head to the traitors' den, it's calm there and that's my husband's final resting place so even if dead... I wish to see him again." I nodded at Gloria.

"I hope you'll get there safely, search for the house with blue windows, red roof, the walls made of brick next to the church, there you go to the door and dig around the dirt near It underneath the flowers... That's where I hid the key to our house, if dad and I aren't using it then you should." I was surprised at the hug but hugged her back.

"I hope you succeed Amata... And when you do... Come back to your home and who knows... Maybe we could be a family."

"I'd like that." I smiled softly, tears burning the back of my eyes but kept them in as we let go of each other. "Ferox if I somehow fail this know that despite the short time we've known each other, you've become the extended family I never had, could say the same for you Gloria... I'll miss you guys."

"I feel the same but you already knew sis, we'll be waiting for you to come home." He said as I waved and walked away as they too, headed away on their journey to their new home. I wiped away the one tears that got free and walked to the elves.

"It's good to see you before we leave Nix." I said politely and fished out the eggshell. "I wanted to ask you what to do with this before I left as elves must know something."

"The pleasure is mine and if you let us have the shell it shall be kept with the text as sign of change and the bettering of our world."

"I'll gladly hand it down to you as it will not be of any purpose to me as my hatchling has left its protection." I said, rubbing a finger over Viridi's head, it makes a small chirp of approval and I smile at it before turning my attention back to the elves.

"Then we shall keep it."

I shake my head a little to make the memories of this morning leave and concentrate on the present. Custos and Fortis were arguing on which way to go after we reached the next town, both swearing their version was the fastest. I shook my head again with a smile, we were walking through a forest that was quite dark, the leaves blocking enough sun to make it seem like it was nearing early night.